Bought the Stuff that rocks the Civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Teufel

Finally bought all the steareo equipment for the little civic project.

Ok here it goes.

Alpine 7284 Head Unit.
JL Audio 8W7 8" Sub ( only one )
JL Audio 500/1 Amp ( for sub )
JL Audio 300/4 Amp ( mids and highs )
MB Quart PSC213 ( 5.25 door speaker with seperate 1" tweater )
MB Quart PCE216 ( 6.5 rear deck )

So once the engine is done and it hits the ground the steareo goes right in.

MBquarts are beautiful sounding. One of the clearest speakers out there along with focal's.

I've heard the name but never seen the products.

This afternoon I'm picking up a set of AR tweeters with cups to compliment my new kicker 5.25's. :D Budget stereo's own.

good choice on audio equipment :thumbsup: i had a JL 10w3 being pushed by a JL 250/1 amp and 6" 3 way JL door speakers and i loved the way it sounded in my 1990 Civic hatchback. was using a Clarion cd player too.

Thanks on the compliments.

I went into the store with my mind set on going all Alpine. Then the guy showed me the JL 8" subwoofer. The way he demo'd it was by using the RF 500w amp, Alpine Deck and 2x Kicker 12" subs. He put the demo cd in turned it up and it was loud. So the tells me to walk to the back with him and you couldnt hear the 2 Kickers at all. We walked back up and he just flipped the switch over to the one 8" JL sub. We walked back to the back and you could hear it clear as day nice clean smooth sounding bass. After that I was up for whatever he suggested.

And nope noone around here sells Diamond Audio.

And yes I don't agree with buying just tweeters. The door speakers are a component set with the crossover included.

Originally posted by 92CivicCx@Nov 16 2003, 03:36 PM
why do people buy just tweeters? why not buy a good coaxel or good set of componets

as a rule of thumb - you get less distortion, clearer sound and a broader frequency range with seperate components (tweeters & mid-woofers). plus, you can adjust the posiiton of the tweeters by themselves for optimum angle/location.

What about PB's... Power Bass's? Anyone heard of these, my friend has a pair of PBC's, they are loud, but they make louder units, called PBX's one PBX12 can hit like 160dB's... is this good? I'm going by what he has told me. I'm not to much into the ICE (in car entertainment).

According to the info Pioneer included w/ my subs:
140db.... Gunshot blast/ jet plane
180db.... Rocket launching pad

so yea, 160db's is pretty decent.

Yeah I was highly impressed with all the specs on it brought home the JL brocheure(sp) to read up on it.

I am not going for competition or being the loudest person on the block. I just want good clean clear sound. Don't think I can go wrong with the JL sub and MB Quartz mids and high components.

If anyone else wants to read the specs on this sub JL has broken it down into each component used to develope the sub here.

Back