Bought the wife a new car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I always liked the Toyota 4Runner, I even thought about getting one awhile back. Then I drove one for a day...

I'd take my Trailblazer any day over the 4runner.

Acadia is a really nice SUV, my only problem with them is the price, my Trailblazer MSRP was $35K (that's in the 40s in today's money.) I picked it up 7 years old with 40K miles on it for $12K OTD tags tax title...

Acadia while I really like them and wouldn't mind upgrading to one. Is way too much money when I know it's going to be pennies on the dollar in a few years.

the 4runner kills it resale value wise, I have no idea why.

Jeffie,
I too was surprised on the price of these cars. I bought used so it has already taken a depreciation hit. Even then it was pretty pricey. Even the older ones are still worth a bit. I suppose that is a good sign that they should continue to hold their value.

I picked up this one, a 2012 with 15,000 miles for 32k and with a 100,000 mile warranty. It is fully loaded with the exception of Navigation. But it has the AWD and the towing that I really wanted.

I'll get some pics of the dash.

In the meantime here she is puttin in work on our way out to Laguna Seca. :)

1010988_10201467762432970_398048826_n.jpg

(yes, I know I have a tail light out on the trailer.)

I looked it up already. Still wouldnt mind seeing it, but I made the gauge housing for these. This one was built before I worked there. Are you interior accents black titanium or cocoa? Heads up display?

I dunno dude, How to even look that shit up. A Vietnamese friend taught me that when we were talking about Kas. And he's actually from Vietnam.

Go ask Charlie.

I dunno dude, How to even look that shit up. A Vietnamese friend taught me that when we were talking about Kas. And he's actually from Vietnam.

Go ask Charlie.

Vietnamese is a very specific language in how words are used as with a tonal language.

Spelling, ka isn't anything vietnamese, But even if you spelled it correctly, it wouldn't make sense without it being directly somewhere and said correctly both tone and sound.

For what it's worth most vietnamese words are like the RR in Spanish, most westerners cannot make the same sounds, because of this, you could have heard one thing and said another. In the end thinking ka was penis. One word to the next in vietnamese can be like splitting hairs, you really need a good ear and mostly to listen to the whole sentence before undstanding what is being talked about. If you jump into a convo mid sentence, you will most likely not understand what is being said, regardless of your level of vietnamese.

So my friend Ton Nyugen looking at me and saying " Hehheh... 'ka' means 'penis' in Vietnamese..." isn't good enough.

Using the same logic, "Nova" doesn't mean "Doesn't go" in Spanish. And Toyota didn't have to rename the MR2 in France because spelled out it sounds like "Merdeaux" (Shitty).

So my friend Ton Nyugen looking at me and saying " Hehheh... 'ka' means 'penis' in Vietnamese..." isn't good enough.

Using the same logic, "Nova" doesn't mean "Doesn't go" in Spanish. And Toyota didn't have to rename the MR2 in France because spelled out it sounds like "Merdeaux" (Shitty).

Since I currently have someone temporarily living in our house who doesn't speak English and was born in Vietnam. I asked them about what you said and they said you have no clue what you think you are saying... Yes it isn't good enough even more so when you say "regardless of how it is spelled ka = penis."

For the English tongue...

Guc and goo with the correct tones would mean penis.

Maybe your friend is using slang from his home town? Because ka doesn't match any thing close to penis in northern, central or southern dialect.

Fwiw I also speak a little vietnamese...

:lmao: :ph34r:

no-wai001.jpg_thumb.jpg

Last edited:
Bwahhh!!! Makes sense. I tried to speak a little Chinese in Cali and they said the same thing about that. I had to dig deep and get the perfect tone in order to say it right. I mean, really perfect. Like making a wave with my voice perfect. Lol

Back to topic: Jeffie: all toyotas hold value. It's a reputable and durable brand. Most imports are. Domestics always taken the biggest hits, not just because of reliability...it's a factor....but because of the incentive when new like the cash back, rebates and other stuff. Gm and dodge are notorious for it and its a vicious cycle which can't end.

Acadia is an awesome riding car. I've sold 2 already. Shitty gas mileage SL2's but man are they loaded up.

Glad the wife is happy. It's all that matter :)

Back