bouncing idle when warmed up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

colin7878

Ok hopefully this is my last issue with this car for awhile lol. Once the engine is warmed up and is put into P or N the idle will bounce and surge up and down in RPM. When the car is in gear its perfectly smooth. Its an 1994 Civic DX Automatic. Thanks

I did some searching on here and i am going try to bleed the coolent and blast the tb with cleaner lol. fun never ends

yeah, sound sliek an air bubble in the coolant, or also try checking your vacuum lines for any cracks/etc as those will also cause this issue. Use bubbles

If you check the coolant for air bubbles, throttle for gunk, and vacuum lines for problems and still come up empty check your idle control valve as they have a habbit of coming loose internally and leaking air when they should be closed. After that check your minimum air rate at the throttle body. Having the idle speed adjustment screw out too far or having your throttle cable too tight could cause this problem as well.

Seems like the bleeding of the coolant did the trick took awhile to do but was worth it. I remembered i had the same issue with a pos Mr2 i used to own lol

Back