bouncing idle

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SlushboxTeggy

It's only stupid if it doesn't work
VIP
ok so when its cold out and i start the car the idle bounces. it has a pattern to it, ussually going from 800 to about 1800-2000. it very consistent in the bouncing, but it is just wierd to me. is this somewhat normal, do i have a problem, or wtf. this is in mostly sub-freezing temps. im drunk so ask questions i didnt mention.

Well, my friends integra has that exact same problem and we tryed to find what was causing it and we think theres a hole in one of the hoses, but were still lookin into it

Check your coolant, my car was doing that a few days ago and then I realized that it had been pissing out all the coolent.....

Quoted post[/post]]
Check your coolant, my car was doing that a few days ago and then I realized that it had been pissing out all the coolent.....
resevoir is full. i had the same type of problem last spring that was caused by coolant so that was the first thing i checked.

thanks ill have to look at it tomm though. thank god it isnt an expensive part, im to broke for that.

im at work so i had time to read some stuff about the FICV. can i just remove it and not replace it? and if so, how would that affect the car?

EDIT
found an thread on acuraworld.com.
the thread
i think ill be able to fix it tomm.

before you buy that, do the free stuff....

bleed your coolant. basically, let it overlfow with the cap off while the car is running.... and don't let cats lick up the spills :p
reset the computer
check for vacuum leaks

Quoted post[/post]]

bleed your coolant. basically, let it overlfow with the cap off while the car is running.... and don't let cats lick up the spills :p
reset the computer
check for vacuum leaks
check out that link, thats what i plan to do tomm when i dont have class all day.

Quoted post[/post]]

reset the computer
check for vacuum leaks
:laugh: i didnt have to buy anything. all I had to do was remove the tb and on the bottom is the colant valve which is held on by three bolts, and take one end off and screw the white plastic valve back in place. worked like a champ (no bouncy idle)

when I did it I had kaoskustoms help me. it took us some time to find the problem and when we narrowed down it took minutes to fix

Back