Bouncing idle

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ericL

Ok, I posted awhile back trying to solve a surging idle problem on a JDM B16A SiR2 in an EG. Well I'm still trying to solve the problem :dry: .

It only occurs when the car is fully warmed up.

I have the skunk2 throttle body that does not have a FITV so I have the coolant lines that would have run through that just running in a loop.

I've replaced the IACV, bled the cooling system, tested the TPS voltage, couldn't find any vacuum leaks, tried putting a block off plate between the IACV and the intake manifold... All with no success. If anyone has somemore insight please help me out!

I was under the impression that the only time that the FITV came into play was during warm up and not after?

no mine did after warm up, and I hated it, for the longest time I thought it was a vacuum leak, but it turned out to be some screw in the coolant line under the TB that needed to screwed in, after that worked like a champ

so the screw is in the fast idle valve assy. there is 3 10mm bolts holding on the fast idle valve assy to the throttle body and there is a plate on one side with 2 screws, take that plate off and there is a plastic screw inside that I screwed in and then had no problems. hope this answers your question

get rid of your skunk2 TB, you are not the first person with problems with them, VTECPOWER also had a skunk2 TB and had nothing but problems untill he put back on his stock TB

Back