Bouncy Bouncy Bouncy!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Circuit

About half an hour ago, I came back from driving my bro to school... it is about an hour and a half drive. While I was coming back, I was driving about 100 mph (it's about 12:30 here so no one around) when some dude in what looked like a corolla (don't ask) wanted to race me. I was feeling like a fun race, so we went for it. Anyways, A small turn came up and we were doing about 115 mph. The road was quite imperfect.. the usual shitty new england streets. Anyways, while we were in this small turn (very small bend). I could feel my car bouncing all over the place, like really bad bouncing, maybe even a bit of grip loss... what caused this and how do I fix it! it's not cool :(

I'm running a 94 teg LS HB... I heard that the HB are bouncy but that's ridiculous. Will some tein HA's fix that prob, or will I need to add somethig else like sway bars to stop the wheel hop.

welp lets see .... its cold as fuck in NE right now... the ground is cold... your tires will not warm up well... so your tires arent gripping as well as they could or should... the surface you were on was poor...

what are you running for suspension
what are you running for rims / tires

were you bouncing or were the tires just letting go (sliding out)??

heres your problem:

115mph...around a bend....on a shitty road surface.

if you really, really want to alleviate that problem, you will have to swap your springs for softer ones. there is no magic spring rate which will let your car handle well at 40mph, AND give you a non-bouncy ride at 115 around a bend. thats why in GT racing, sometimes guys break their suspensions. the little bumpps in the road are just too much for the stiff suspensions they need in order to handle well on the street at high speeds.

what are you running for suspension mods? Unfortunately, Ebay coilovers and stock struts or something like that doesn't really handle well in real performance situations. What tires are you running also?

Whoa! Wheel hop at 115mph around a turn on a shitty street?? Not a good combo, think about it.....lol. Hopefully you won. I say just get some better springs if you dont have good ones now. A couple of my buddies cut their springs and they bounce all the time (like you were) on the freeway just going 65.

Back