bout that time.. timing belt/ water pump

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Always OEM on the timing belt, that isn't something you want to experiment with. My rule is ALWAYS oem for gaskets and the timing belt (save for the valve cover gasket set, I've done felpro for those a few times, cheap and effective.)

I agree with Phyre as well, Clint. If you were planning on doing what Blanco is doing, then by all means go that route. However, I doubt that your GSR is just a "beater" so I would definitely stick with OEM. Gates and Goodyear would be some of my choices for timing belts.

yea.. thats what i'm thinking.. OEM timing belt and some Japanese manufacture on the water pump

well, i'm watching a Gates blue racing timing belt on eBay thats pretty low so far.. if i dont end up with that it'll be OEM

well, i'm watching a Gates blue racing timing belt on eBay thats pretty low so far.. if i dont end up with that it'll be OEM

Yes! That is the one that I will be getting when it is time to put either of my builds together...you know...in about ten years it seems nowadays. haha I have read good things about it and it seems stronger than OEM even. I believe it can either handle higher RPM's or higher temperature. Either way, I have yet to hear anything negative about it.

How much is it going for so far with shipping?

$27.. but i can BIN for $62 shipped

Crap, I can't remember what my timing belt cost me. I think it was somewhere around $30 or so? Eh, it was for my Y7, so I didn't care to get anything fancy since the engine is completely stock. I believe I have seen that same timing belt for around $50 or so.

How much longer is left on the auction and how many bids have been made?

I've never been a fan of bidding myself. If the deal seems good enough, I just buy it now. Heck, if you have the time to watch it then go for it, especially if you end up getting it under $50.

I meant to ask you before, could you post the link to the auction, please?

well, i went ahead and just bought it at the BIN price.. $50 + shipping.. i'd spend that on an OEM belt anyways.. time to find a cheap effective water pump

Honda OEM, lol.

You don't want to risk some mexican factory shoving a 2 cent O ring into the slot where the 10 cent O ring goes, or you'll be doing surgery again very soon.

well, the OEM Honda pump isnt even made by Honda.. just some Japanese manufacture

Back