Blow off Valve Comparison

• TURBO XS TYPE RFL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GREDDY TYPE-RS

• A

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SaMMaE01

I have a brand new in the box TURBO XS, and my buddy had one on his car too, and I drove his car a couple of times and been in it many times, and although othersg like the low and deep "whoosh" sound it makes, I regret buying it.

Which blow off valve is a good choice.

Price
Sounds
Durability
Function

Quoted post[/post]]

Price
Sounds
Durability
Function

[flame]

Is this the definition of rice?? I think I've actually found it. Look at the order those things are in...

Is that how ricers pick parts??

Should be more like :

Durability
Function
price
sound

[/flame]

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Price
Sounds
Durability
Function

[flame]

Is this the definition of rice?? I think I've actually found it. Look at the order those things are in...

Is that how ricers pick parts??

Should be more like :

Durability
Function
price
sound

[/flame]
:withstupid: :laugh: :laugh:
" so what if you're faster, i paid more for my BOV, yo!" [/ricer]

people find the smallest things to flame huh? the list of words were not in any order, just things to consider and compare. and choice of blow off valve may not be a life threatening thing, but when you're cousin and girlfriend both ask "is air leaking from your car" then you start thinking about it.

jeez man is that how you got all your post? flaming people?
I need an opinion not a flaming.

Quoted post[/post]]
people find the smallest things to flame huh? the list of words were not in any order, just things to consider and compare. and choice of blow off valve may not be a life threatening thing, but when you're cousin and girlfriend both ask "is air leaking from your car" then you start thinking about it.

jeez man is that how you got all your post? flaming people?
I need an opinion not a flaming.
hey man, if you seriously didn't put those in any specific order then ok, thats cool. you just gotta understand the viewpoint of the majority of people here on Hondaswap. most of the guys here have a performance mindset, and don't really care what the next guy thinks about how their car sounds or looks. of course thats just the majority, there are also guys on here that are more oriented towards looks and stuff, which is cool, if thats what floats your boat. the main thing is, you might as well leave right now if you get easily offended, cause there are plenty of people here to do that.

personally i can't put in any reall input, as i have never had a turboed car, so i'll leave it at that.

good luck bro'

HKS, I had one on mine for a short period, then sold it and got an el-cheapo.

I know I didn't give a rats ass what people thought of how my shivic LST sounded. I used to run that thing open DP everywhere. The el-cheapo BOV was quiet, it did have a little psst to it but nothing drastic.

You are putting this on a B or D...or non turbo factory car right?

BOV's in factory turbo cars tend to make them run rich, leading to damaged o2 sensors and clogged cats (if not replaed with a test pipe). I'm just asking because there are a few people on here who don't have hondas anymore, so if it's a factopry turbo car....look into an unpraded BPV/DV.

If you want to quiet it down a little you can get a BPV or DV also.

HKS SSQV

- Pull type BOV, no leaks y0

!!!!111110N3!1!!!!!11111

however, this bov has a really unique sound to it . . . some people dont like it.

hks ssq are known for leaking.
rfl's are real fucking lame
apex'i doesn't make a BOV to the best of my knowledge
greddy is well, greddy...

TiAl 50mm.

/thread.

The HKS is the ricer's BOV.

I'd go with the Turbo XS, just from the ones on your list. Also, I don't know if they make one for your application, but Go Fast Bits makes an awesome adjustable BOV, from 100% recirc to 100% atmospheric. The sound of it is amazing.

Go Fast Bits BOV > *

I don't flame people very often.. hence the flame tags...

And I don't know shit about blow off valves. So.... there.

One could argue that most bov's are rice as they dont necessarily have to discharge to the atmosphere.

I personally, will not use the Turbo XS anymore I think it sounds ugh... I just dont like it, so now I'm left with a NIB Turbo XS, and regret, So I'm looking to buy a new one, or trade plus cash for another one or whatever, oh and this blow off valve will being going on a Turbo b16a.

^ ya the type s was popular, but it isnt made anymore. . . instead Greddy replaced it with the type rs.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
apex'i doesn't make a BOV to the best of my knowledge

Apexi BOV

they do, never really heard much about em though
:laugh: couple of my buddies had the apexi one, thus the word HAD, they didnt like it so they both got rid of them. from what i understand its a twin chamber bov and they both had a hard time with them working right.

and i dont know that much about bov yet so I have no opinon on any of the 4 you have listed

Back