Bov Problems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sablo16

Hello, I've got a turbo civ w/ a greddy type-S bov...recently when i open the throttle a sharp, high-pitched whistle is produced by the bov...after a couple of minutes of playing w/ it i think the problem is w/ the gasket inside that holds the bov's seal...its still holds but at low rpm it emits a whistling noise

Ive been told that there are replacement parts i can buy, however, for what its worth should i just go ahead and buy the HKS super seqential BOV...anyone have any comments on that?

Also, does anyone have any insight as to why my bov is acting up like this?

keep the greddy. its a better part than the SSQ if you ask me...

pull the bov off the flange, and check to make sure its seated properly

Also,. you may have the BOV adjust too "soft". Try adjusting it to a harder setting, but if you still hear it and you are getting compressor surge, then something else is definitely wrong.

The harder the better, up to the point of compressor surge is what I've always heard, because that means the BOV is staying closed and not leaking any boost, and not opening to take air in when the car is running vacuum at part throttle.

Compressor surge is a very important thing to watch due to the fact it sort of makes the BOV ineffective in some sense. every time you hear it stutter its surging and sending pulses of air back to the turbo charger, which your trying to avoid. At low RPM's its not a huge concern but if you let off full throttle and you hear two wistles, you have a problem. It should be hard enough not to surge at full throttle and produce one Loud clean wistle or foosh. It usually takes quite a while to come up with the proper setting to achieve this, so take your time.

Yeah im definately fucked now...the setscrew is stripped...so much for the repair. Anyone know where I can get a Greddy Type-S BOV for cheap? The whistling is driving me out of my mind!

Thanx guys

i have heard that greddy's leak boost try getting another bov maybe from hks or blitz

Back