bov questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kell211

i have a few bov questions. i noticed mine was making a real whistling noise when i barely reved the motor, so i tightened the nut on top of it down to get it to stop and i started wondering what the adjusment was really for. does anyone know if there are any advantages to adjusing your bov one way or the other, and for that matter what are the sound differences when you tighten down the nut as opposed to loosening it up?? i'm guessing tightening the nut acually tightens the tension on the valve makeing it harder for it to open, right? what does all that do to sound and performance, anything?

if you're going after sound, please don't. its adjustable based on how much boost/cfm of air your turbo is actually pushing.

the advantage to it being adjusted properly, is that it does its job properly- it protects the turbo from backwards air flow

i was reading up on the subject last night, and everywhere said to find a good place where you weren't getting an iradic idle and it wasn't trying to stall after reving the engine, yet not too tight that the air can't escape. one guy told me for about 16psi (which is what he was pushing) to leave about 8 threads exposed on a greddy type s. i'm pushing about 10 or 12psi, so i'll leave a few more than that and experiment. i guesss i'll work off that, unless that sounds crazy to anyone.

Back