Brackets vs mounts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

webink_EK9

I ordered the drivers side bracket and rear tranny bracket for my c5 swap into my 99dx. Are the mounts from my dx going to bolt onto those brackets? I'm lost at this point. Any thoughts?

so what do I need? I've asked this a few times and got different answers each time. I just spent 130 on these brackets that came in today. Can you tell me exactly what parts I'd need from hasport.com? I am so lost at this point.

so I'm going to need to order mounts too. i was told that if I had the brackets that I'd be able to use the mounts I have now.

which brackets are you speaking of? i dont fully understand what you mean by just changing the brackets. all you need are those mounts that are listed. can you link us to what you ordered maybe that will help.

from the write up

Unless you got a b16a2 from a 99-00 Civic SI, you will need to get 2 mounts from this setup. The rear tranny mount and the driver side mount can be had for about $70 for both pieces. In addition, if you wish to use AC on the swap, you will need a 96-97 del Sol AC bracket. This goes for about $100. check local junk yards, or online OEM parts stores, or your local Honda Dealer may have some of these parts available.

you do know that you will have to have your exhaust welded also right? because of that mamouth header?

yeah, I'm getting a custom exhaust and universal muffler. so should I order that $480 set of mounts?

hmm i dont want to say yes when there could be a cheaper way to go but those have a lifetime warranty and they look purty ha ha.

fuck cheaper...I just need to get what I need. it just sucks that I was told that I'd just need the brackets. oh well...I'll just get that kit form hasport. its going to come with the $130 of parts I just bought. is there a better set of mounts out there I can buy?

Hey...why does it say that the mounts sold in that package will work in a B and D series motor setup???? That means that the D series mounts will work in the B series setup if I have the bracket for the mounts! Guys jump on in this one. I don't want to waste my money.

hasport mount package details

not sure web, i also read that about the mounts and it seemed a little wierd. pm pissedoffsol and ask him if he will read this post, make sure you give him the link.

you won't be dissappointed with the hasports. call and ask for brian, and tell him your exact application, and you will get what you need.

I just did this swap well...b18b1 into my 99LX

here is what u need

I got my stuff from Honda dealership though and they had everything in stock so I got lucky....

you need!

Civic Si under cam gear bracket and use your screws from the single overhead bracket to screw into the new Si bracket

and you need the Civic Si rear transmission bracket and your set and ready to go!

Back