Brad's Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Holy shit man, nice progress! I have been following this thread since you started it pretty much and it is coming along just nicely.

Thx dude.

I've pretty much gave up on that Y8 manifold. I put a new gasket on it, I've re-done the mating surface with Devcon then sanded, it's super smooth, and it still leaks bad. I'll probably put a a6 one on back for now until I find a bare y8 manifold.

I'm supposed to hear back from the machine shop early this week about my block.

OGMatt is borrowing our Accord for a week so my dad insured the red Si for a little bit, that thing has some balls for a d15b2. The car is going to it's new owner in about 2 weeks so I have to finish up that rust patch, I got a lot done so far. Pics up later.

The '99 EK with the spun bearing is out of our posession, I put the new motor in. It was out of a wreker with 45,000 miles on it and a waranty for $800. They gave me $150 for the install. A shop quoted them almost $2000 for the install with the motor.

Little bit of an update on the red car.

100_3420.jpg

100_3421.jpg

100_3422.jpg

100_3423.jpg

My dad has been driving around the the red car for a couple of days now and he says its the second best running Si we've had, next to my car. :)

Teech me Mr. Canadian! I must do this to my accord.

Well depending on the size of the hole, get some metal mesh, as fine as possible but not too fine that you can't form it. Then fold it over a couple of times to create less holes, stick it in said hole to be filled, it's good to apply back force when bondoing over, then sand, and mist WITHOUT tapeing off the area to get a good transition.

Head looks good man, i started viewing this thread on like page 2 and you still have not ceased to amaze me! keep it up!

The red Si is gone tomorrow. The new owner bought a new JVC stereo and I installed it. Everything is done.

So after I get paid I'll be around the $3000 range in my bank account. So I'm thinking of offering maybe $2300-2400 for the rex depending on the condition. I'm PUMPED!!!! Then I'll do a quick and dirty paint job on my Civic, maybe sell it, maybe give it to my dad, idk...

Well depending on the size of the hole, get some metal mesh, as fine as possible but not too fine that you can't form it. Then fold it over a couple of times to create less holes, stick it in said hole to be filled, it's good to apply back force when bondoing over, then sand, and mist WITHOUT tapeing off the area to get a good transition.
Well there aren't too many holes, I'll post pics later, but i'm thinking about respraying my car, just for the learning experience, for when I want to paint the rex. I was thinking about doing the oem teal color with the gold pinstripe, but I don't know about doing the door jams, trunk and engine bay.

The red hatch is gone to my dads employee, we sold his daughter a 1990 CX hatch a couple of years ago and its still trucking along fine.

Before I can even TOUCH the CRX I have to sell a EF. So my dad and I have decided to sell the black one. I took my Z6 head and Y8 manifold off of it and put the stock head and parts back on. After that I have to take out the short shifter, swap the tail lights then get the tires balanced. Hopefully done with the black one this week. Pics up sooner or later...

Also for thoes of you who didn't know I https://hondaswap.com/auto-multi-media/just-bought-crx-si-343221/ .

I dialed in the timing and put the intake on, the exhaust is still off because I have to swap the shifters.

Good:
Headgasket sealed great
Runs perfect

Bad:
Burns oil like a mo-fo and idk why

Back