Brad's CRX Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

F ME. Majestic Honda won't send to Canada anymore. Neither will HondaPartsNow.com. Sometimes I wish I could send my parts to one of your guys' house in the states then you to send it to me. :p

why cant you?? theres a bunch of WA members

Just sceptical sending $200 worth of parts to someone I've never met, not saying I don't trust any of the senior members who have been 'round for a long while but just cautious. Its the Canadian way.

So I found this copper gasket on sale randomly cheaper than OEM so I started a mini project.

105_4550.jpg

105_4549.jpg

105_4551.jpg

OEM gasket underneath. New one is bigger. :)

105_4552.jpg

02 sensor is really clean.

105_4556.jpg

105_4557.jpg

105_4558.jpg
]
105_4559.jpg

That positive battery terminal in such close proximity to the intake tube concerns me. Would be a good idea to wrap that in the area of the terminal to have insulation on the battery lug and on the tube. Even a couple of layers of electrical tape wrapped about 2" wide would be much better than nothing. Or you could scuff the tube and make an RTV patch 1/4" thick and about 2" square where the terminal is. Or cut a piece of PVC in half, heat with torch or in oven till it's plaible and place on tube to shape it - once cool, glue it to the tube with RTV.

Need a longer piece of tubing to the overflow tank and straped down to chassis.

Put a couple of small wire ties on the plug wires to bundle them.

There, done picking on ya! :)

EDIT: Naw, not done yet. Shitcan the screw type clamps on the radiator hoses and use OEM spring type. They be mo betta.

That's all nitpick stuff - but you are a perfectionist and that's the cleanest shit I can think of.

Oh yeah, the header wrap looks nice. When I install the dual fan aluminum radiator in mine, I've been thinking about a timer or just use the thermostat to allow for it to have a "blow down" when it's shut off and hot. Mod the wiring of course, allowing for the fans to continue to run after ignition switch is turned off.

Where's the feed tube for the windshield washer ports in the hood?

Last edited:
That positive battery terminal in such close proximity to the intake tube concerns me. Would be a good idea to wrap that in the area of the terminal to have insulation on the battery lug and on the tube. Even a couple of layers of electrical tape wrapped about 2" wide would be much better than nothing. Or you could scuff the tube and make an RTV patch 1/4" thick and about 2" square where the terminal is. Or cut a piece of PVC in half, heat with torch or in oven till it's plaible and place on tube to shape it - once cool, glue it to the tube with RTV.

EDIT: Naw, not done yet. Shitcan the screw type clamps on the radiator hoses and use OEM spring type. They be mo betta.

That's all nitpick stuff - but you are a perfectionist and that's the cleanest shit I can think of.

Oh yeah, the header wrap looks nice. When I install the dual fan aluminum radiator in mine, I've been thinking about a timer or just use the thermostat to allow for it to have a "blow down" when it's shut off and hot. Mod the wiring of course, allowing for the fans to continue to run after ignition switch is turned off.

Who owns the car, Brad or you?

ps. buckle clamps are waaaay better than oem.

His points are valid, but I'd skip the zip ties. The regular looms look fine.

The terminal is like half an inch away but its fine to me, intake will not move at all. I am planning out a proper battery relocate with a 3" short ram straight intake once the batt is gone. :) I like the overflow hose like that, don't see a downside. :dunno: I want OEM B-Series plug wire tie in's when I get a carbon plug cover cause mine are non-existant with the plug cover. :( Not down for the hose clamps either but B-Series motors use larger diameter rad hoses so it has to be a bitch fit. I like these clamps:

4_heavy_duty_stainless_steel_hose_clamps_75-67mm.jpg

And I am sort of a perfectionist, I sweat the details where I want. I love the wrap too. I would have done the whole thing but ran out of my 50' roll, it was remains from my old D-Series one I gave to my dad. I really like the idea of the thermostat shut down. ;)
I am pretty sure he is just trying to help out.
And is always accepted.

Last edited:
On the overflow tube; I think its because it looks out of place and in the way. You did all that work tucking things here and there to keep a clean look, then just put that right in the middle of everything up front. Kinda lame to be honest. :p

Who owns the car, Brad or you?

ps. buckle clamps are waaaay better than oem.
Just offering some feedback and a different POV bro. It's all good here with Brad. He know where I'm coming from.

Brad is awesome and doing a fine job with his ride - for the record.

For clamps - I've used both types over the years and have gone back to OEM spring type. Both you and Brad stated preference to screw type - ok with me, I"ve used them too - in fact the one's on my racing karts are still screw type. On the Honda I prefer the spring type. LIke your moniker picture - pretty cool. :thumbsup:

I'm beginning to question the ECU. My TPS messed up again but it still reads the proper voltage, cold starts are weird and it just doesn't pull strong. I know where to get a cheap virgin P28 so I may send it out to get re-chipped from a reputable company vs the eBay ECU I have. My Mini-Me never ran 100% right either. At least not as reliable as an untouched Honda. My stock LS swap always ran so constant. I miss that.

I backed my exhaust into a curb and crippled it so it drags on the ground. Ive had enough bs from the CRX so I bought a running/driving EF Si hatch for $400 today. It's ran to the ground but theres nothing I can't replace with my own stash of parts on it. It's my new DD, CRX is parked indefinitely. Lately I also noticed the B16 smoking lots and every gear on my LS tranny grinds, the car just isn't fit for the road anymore.

I may start a new side build for the hatchy. ;)

Just offering some feedback and a different POV bro. It's all good here with Brad. He know where I'm coming from.

Brad is awesome and doing a fine job with his ride - for the record.

For clamps - I've used both types over the years and have gone back to OEM spring type. Both you and Brad stated preference to screw type - ok with me, I"ve used them too - in fact the one's on my racing karts are still screw type. On the Honda I prefer the spring type. LIke your moniker picture - pretty cool. :thumbsup:

i got rid of all my spring type clamps for screw type. its just a better fitment and easier to get a screwdriver or allen wrench into tight spots instead of pliers.

Let me know if you need a stock P28 ECU - have one that's going on eBay soon.
Its all good, send er away. I'm in saving mode now. My CRX has been keeping me in debt; The reason for a beater I don't care so much about.

Back