Brads EJ1 Coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GlassHeadlights

West West Yall
My Integra project got written off (all bad luck lol) so this is nicknamed the good luck car because thats exactly what it's given back to me. :)

1993 Civic Coupe Si or EX for the American market.

I picked it up for $400 with a "dead" :ph34r: ECU and I had to return the stock exhaust after I drove it home. All complete, all stock, no accidents, drives nice, 368,000 KMS, white on tan interior :yuk:, 5 speed D16Z6.

It has original paint and for the most part the body is in descent shape, virtually no dents but the rear wheel wells are badly rusted.

I saw the add online, called him up and drove over to his house with a P28 ECU in hand. I plugged in the ECU and no go :(. After re-arranging the firing order and tuning in the timing she came to life. I asked for the "broken" ECU just in case and my dad and I took it home.

The original ECU wasn't dead. He screwed around with the motor so much it wouldn't run. The firing order was out, timing severely retarded, the cat was plugged (the exhaust manifold got red hot) and the main relay is on its way out. I've been cruising around on his ECU and it's lovin life.

The last two days I've been cleaning it up!

TheEG6.jpg

TheEG.jpg

TheEG1.jpg

TheEG2.jpg

TheEG3.jpg

TheEG4.jpg

I borrowed my dads red valve cover because the last one was baby blue.

107_4661.jpg

107_4663.jpg

The lip was sadly sagging so that called for some new stainless hardware.

107_4664.jpg

107_4665.jpg

The bumper trim thingy was rusted.

107_4666.jpg

Wipers also painted.

107_4667.jpg

At some point the oil cap was left off, cleaning was a must need.

107_4675.jpg

107_4676.jpg

The fender was in great shape but had some surface rust.

107_4668.jpg

107_4669.jpg

107_4670.jpg

Here we are all sanded down in stages then the final wet sanding for primer and paint!

107_4671.jpg

107_4672.jpg

Match paint for Frost White.

107_4673.jpg

107_4674.jpg

3 coats laid down, just soaking up some UV for a couple hours.

107_4677.jpg

107_4678.jpg

Then 3 more coats of clear. :)

107_4683.jpg

As the fender was drying I attacked the interior. Some greasy activities went on in here. :ph34r: I felt gross touching anything.

107_4680.jpg

107_4682.jpg

107_4681.jpg

Annddddddd after!!! We did a full carpet shampoo and scrubbed down every panel. I had to disassemble the center console to clean it because it was that bad.

107_4687.jpg

107_4690.jpg

107_4688.jpg

107_4691.jpg

107_4689.jpg

107_4692.jpg

107_4693.jpg

And here is the car after this weekend. The fender matches good eh? ;)

107_4694.jpg

107_4695.jpg

107_4696.jpg

107_4697.jpg

107_4698.jpg

107_4700.jpg

107_4701.jpg

Sway bar holes??

107_4702.jpg

My favorite kind of exhaust yo!!

107_4703.jpg

My New EJ1 Coupe - YouTube

Last edited:
:thumbsup: I love my coupe and I think you will be happy with yours. Best looking civic ever imo especially the white ones.

Nice car, you rear hood lifter

I'm glad to see you're in such good spirits, and I love how this car is turning out so far. Congrats on the nice find. (hate to ask) When are you gonna tackle the rest of the rust spots?

Nice car Brad! Not as nice as the gsr though:(:(:( That car does look good in white. My one suggestion - fix the intake! I hate it when you get that constant sucking sound with such a short intake tube. I once had a d15b7 in my old teal hatch and the filter was attached straight to the tb. It was sooo loud!

What are your plans for the car (maybe you said this in one of your other threads??) I think you should try budget boosting the single cam:ph34r:

save.. save.. save... [K]

congrats on the car man. i finally got my ef outta storage so once i get some money flowing i can hopefully get going on it :)

Looks good. Are the wheels gunmetal in color? Glad you started another thread.
Yep my dad and I blasted them with Duplicolor wheel paint.
I'm glad to see you're in such good spirits, and I love how this car is turning out so far. Congrats on the nice find. (hate to ask) When are you gonna tackle the rest of the rust spots?
I'm not too sure on that yet. I need to sand down the other fender and re spray it first. The guy filled up the fender wells with lots of bondo so I'll have to knock that out and see whats up. Weld in replacememnt panels are only $32 each so I might as well give it a shot.
Nice car Brad! Not as nice as the gsr though:(:(:( That car does look good in white. My one suggestion - fix the intake! I hate it when you get that constant sucking sound with such a short intake tube. I once had a d15b7 in my old teal hatch and the filter was attached straight to the tb. It was sooo loud!

What are your plans for the car (maybe you said this in one of your other threads??) I think you should try budget boosting the single cam:ph34r:
Lol yea thats Matts intake I borrowed. I want to GSR swap it for now and tuck away the D16. It runs good but needs a rebuild.
save.. save.. save... [K]

congrats on the car man. i finally got my ef outta storage so once i get some money flowing i can hopefully get going on it :)
Right on, I wanna see that hatchy movin. :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback, imma keep it up.

Last edited:
great turnaround on the car.

those are not swaybar holes, i think they are there on all 5Gs.

They look to be in the right position, they just need nuts welded on the backside. When I get the GSR back I'll compare em.

those are not swaybar holes, i think they are there on all 5Gs.

They are actually in the right place for a sway bar. They just do not have threads for the bolts. Like brad said they need a nut welded in to accommodate the sway bar. The beaks kit will give you a lot more strength. The subframe there is really weak. I would not add a sway bar without some sort of reinforcement.

even the Beaks kit isnt enough i've heard.. well, for a 23mm ITR rear sway.. i would go w/ an ASR subframe brace at the least if running a big rear sway

Back