Brads EJ1 Coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ALWAYS lube up your pivot point or that bitch will be squealing like a pig!

Last edited:
CAFROG: Yeah the subframe looks aiet. I never thought of lubing up the pivot point, thanks!

Dual-500: Lol it couldn't have taken another day of me.

I'm most likely going with an Exedy Stage 1 racing clutch kit. It handles 250 lbs of torque and comes with everything I need. And yep, I'll get that flywheel resurfaced. I'll inquire about lightening it up, can't hurt right! ;)
Don't forget to ask them to balance it along with the new pressure plate.

I don't remember which one is in the hatch, but it's rated to handle up to 250hp - it's sweet. Takes more pressure on the clutch pedal to disengage the clutch - hooks up real nice.

You'll like a lighter flywheel.

The right way to have it balanced would be to take them the complete rotating assembly and have them balance it. It does make a noticeable difference in the engine at higher RPM's, and I'm sure longevity as well.

CAFROG: I never thought of lubing up the pivot point, thanks!

She said to lube the shaft a little too. It makes entering her crank shaft a little easier :wink:

And don't forget to give the throw out bearing a rim job of grease. But don't use too much cuz sloppy isn't always the best experience :wink:

But seriously.....the Helm manual for the motor shows the spots to lube.

Just don't use that much b/c, under revs, it can fling around the housing and get on the clutch....flywheel....pressure plate....blah blah blah.

lol I can't win here!

I got the rear discs and sway bar in the Civic. :) Night and day with the sway bar! The car now corners a lot more flat and stable and instant turn in is greatly improved. The rear discs are working really well in there too, it's a whole new car and a lot more fun to drive. :D

IMG_20110921_122127.jpg

IMG_20110921_131721.jpg

IMG_20110921_165419.jpg

IMG_20110921_165449.jpg

IMG_20110921_165502.jpg

IMG_20110921_165516.jpg

Nice. Need to get some polyurethane bushings in that sucker.

One of these days mine will get some rear discs.

Last edited:
I can agree with a poly kit, that and a JDM ITR 23mm rear sway bar at the same time. :)

I'm getting excited to build this car up! It's going to be a mini Integra that will outperform. lol

I plan on some motor prepping soon.

Shoulda cleaned it up and sprayed it while you had it out, but, Im sure you were antsy to get back out there. Nice work.

and dude, of you like the way the car is now, wait till you get the poly kit. night and DAY difference in my dc... just alot more road noise, if you can live with it... HOLY CRAP, ITS AWESOME!!!! lol

and dude, of you like the way the car is now, wait till you get the poly kit. night and DAY difference in my dc... just alot more road noise, if you can live with it... HOLY CRAP, ITS AWESOME!!!! lol
I never noticed increased road noise in mine - testimony to how loud it is inside anyway! That's a good point.

I did notice the tightened up handling - I agree completely - it's awesome! A significant improvement for sure and well worth the time and investment.

This car has a loonnngg way to go handling wise. I'm really in favour for a sharp handling car, I can deal with a rough ride. (No gay joke plz n thx)

Why is the mjotor not in yet??? Hell with rear brakes and rear sway. Get that thing peppy first!!! Cut some dead coils and drop it like it hot! j/k

how is that wretched abortion of an exhaust working out?

There most definetly IS something wrong with cutting coils. Springs are so cheap for Hondas too. Theres no reason to half ass it.

Ebay springs are cheap but way too bouncy with stock shocks. I need to save for coilovers ...

Back