Bragging Rights

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

damn i am so jealous, first off i have one car, an 1989 Civic DX, i "sold" the car to my parents to have my inssurance rates go down. they are both 60 my mom has never had a speeding ticket nor accident and my dad has had 2 speeding tickets in his life and no accidents that were his fault. My insurance policy is under my parents name (saves me bank), and I still pay 2800 a year all because I live in a city which means my car is "at risk," I drive a "in demand" car (I find that funny because my car looks like shit), and I am younger than 26 years of age. I have yet to have a speeding ticket or accident (knock on wood) and it is phucking ridiculous how much i pay for insurance. All I have to say is Phuck AAA, and fuck the thieves in San Francisco.

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Jan 20 2003, 07:08 PM
cadillac escalade with the chromed out grill on 24'z yO??

nope no rims or chromed out grill yO!!! i can barely afford the $600+ payments every month on the damned truck... and the tranny has gone out twice in less than 2 years :angry:

i 56 bucks a month full and i have one speeding :D its going to dropp to about 48 when i turn 25

Was $79 a month with no accidents or tickets and some pretty damn low deductibles, but it's set to go up pretty soon cuz of my accident. :(

I pay:

$60 a month for my 69 Mustang Mach 1.
$100 a month for my Civic
$280 a month for my celica (because it has commercial insurance.)

With a clean record, no tickets/accidents.
Oh, and none of that is full coverage, just minimum.

So I pay about $440 a month in insurance alone. Not to mention about $180 a month in gas.

Me?

I'm 21 and all of the cars are on my own insurance (honda and mustang are on one, and the celica is on a separate.)

Originally posted by 92CivicCx@Jan 21 2003, 12:11 PM
i 56 bucks a month full and i have one speeding :D its going to dropp to about 48 when i turn 25

omg that's cheap where do you live ??

i pay 217 a month on the sol and thats in my parents name, im 20 :p . i used to pay 4 months on 2 months off, but my insurance just went up cause i acumulated 17 points in 6 months :blink: so now i pay every month

for me to get it in my own name i was quoted at 350+ a month at multiple companys. :ph34r:

i have been with the same company for almost 10 years...... i live in mn i have very high deducts tho

damn, some of you guys are getting kickass rates on insurance...wish I was...

I pay 124/mo for full coverage, and that's down from 156/mo before I turned 25...I used to pay 50/mo for full cov. on my rex but that was before I wrecked it.

I swear...you have one minor mishap and roll a crx 3 times and you're blacklisted....I had GEICO insurance and never had a problem with them, but after one wreck they booted me to the curb so I got stuck with high risk.

The wreck goes off the record in March, so I should get a decent rate then...

As a sidenote, anyone know if I tell my agent my car is now a dohc vtec and not a sohc vtec will my rates go up? I want to make sure the motor is covered because I live near st. louis and if your shit isn't bolted down they'll take it, even with an alarm......

Back