Brake Booster?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JrSiRb16A

sup homies..yo i got couple of different opinions bought this shit..when in doubt ask the Hondaswap.com peeps..the prob is my brakes...my brake pedal slowly hits the floor when im stationary..its worst when im stuck at a light on a hill (incline)..the brakes never actually give out..just the brake pedal slowly goes down..then if i take my foot off and put back on it comes the top again..and repeats..what is this..somebody told me i need a new brake booster..cuz im losin pressure in the lines..???or somethin wrong with the vaccum shit with the swap??i have a B16a in 91 Civic Si..had the motor professionally put in..but the car itself had alot of miles..can anybody help..

check to make sure u arent leaking any brake fluid, u also might wanna shoot some soap water on ur vacuum lines see if u have a leak anywhere. bleed the brakes thuroughly too.

Originally posted by JrSiRb16A@Sep 20 2003, 02:21 PM
can i use a master cyclinder from a different model to increase performance..or only stock will fit..??

i have no idea, i just got another stock one, it still works just fine.

I don't think you're going to see a performance improvement from swapping master cylinders but, I could be wrong.

If you want a firmer pedal and quicker bite, get larger diameter steel braided lines to replace the OEM rubber lines at the wheels. Replace the fluid w/ a good fluid (Motul, ATE Blue, Valvoline SynPower, etc) and better pads (Hawk HP, Ferodo, etc).

but that's my mildly informed opinion. :D

almost all honda MC's are 15/16" in diam. the ITR is a full 1".

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 23 2003, 02:58 AM
almost all honda MC's are 15/16" in diam. the ITR is a full 1".

And just about every master cylinder that came stock on a Civic was 13/16 inch. That doesn't quite qualify as "almost all honda MC's are 15/16".

Back