brake conversion for ef from da

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

russianswty

Ok ive done research and cant find this

Im swapping the suspension and brakes from a DA what do I need to keep
and what do I need to make sure and get?

Do I need to use my hand brake cables?
And can somebody please give me a list of the stuff I need or do not need.

I know lots of people have done this already and somebody should be able
to help me.
Thanks a lot.

ef

Ive done this before full brake swap fron 92 integra ls to 90 civix dx..for the rear disc convertion i used of course the DA rear suspension everything even lower control arms..the DA lower control arms are a bit longer wich give u negative camber but my car being a dx i had no front or rear sway bar and my stock lower control arms didnt have holes for a sway bar...by the way u can also use DA sway bars on ur ef u just need the si brakets for the rear the front one bolts on no problem u just need the bushings and the littel brakets that go on th subframe make sure u use the rear sway bar from a 4 door DA its slightly bigger than the 2 door sway rear bar u will be happy trust me...i used the DA hand brake cables bc i want sure the stock ones would fit and as far as i know they dont. For the front brakes u need of course the DA hubs, calipers, rotors and pads of course the hubs will bolt on like ur stock ones do but due to wheel offset difference ur alignment will be thron off really bad so is the rear so i suggest doing both front and back before doing alignment...u can use the original brake lines too but i got steel braided lines x) i can say this oem brake upgrade is great if ur doing it on a budget....remember ur car can be a 10 sec car but u need to be able to stop it as well and the sway bar upgrade is a must ull feel ur ef handdle like a race car lol ive raced a friend with my ef stock motor with just these upgrades on turns and he could barely keep up with me until we went straight but for those who enjoy a fast car that handdles good this might help u any questions msg me ill be glad to help u out EF9 FTW!!!!

Back