brake conversion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hleysam

actually i've drum on my car and i got 2 rear arms wit disc from another crx!problem is that i did not get the cables to go wit it!

any help for this conversion?
will the brake line be the same?
will handbrake cable off the drum work on the disk?

cheers

You need the cables that come with the rear disc. What kind of a car where the disc ORIGINALLY of? If its a teggy, you can get those cables.

-Carl-

you have the brake hoses too?

You'll need those.

You might need a new proportioning valve too

I actually needed to know this too. You CAN? use the cables from an integra? there's one waiting at the junkyard in beautiful condition for me to yank the whole arms off of, but I needed to know about the cables.

Yes, the integra rear disc is a direct bolt into the EF hondas, you DO need the trggy cables and master cylinder and prop valve. Or else they wont get the right stoping power...etc

-Carl-

when i did my swap i changed the trailing arms and proportioning valve and used goodrich brake lines never changed the master cylinder and it worked fine

I've already got the booster and cylinder in there, just waiting to get off my lazy butt and go get those arms. Now that I know I can use the Teg cables, there is very little but my own procrastination holding me back.

Back