Brake Knuckle/Spindle

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DwnShftPrincess

I have a 96 Civic EX 4Dr. I am need of a passenger side spindle. Can I use a spindle off of an earlier model? or different models such as the CRX, hatchback, etc...?
I need a spindle because my grandmother took my car to an "elderly" guy that does CV and Brake work in April 2003. He "supposedly" repaired my ball bearing joint on the passenger side. I assume that when he changed it he had to remove the axle. My axle started to click about a month ago. I was going to change it last weekend but I couldn't because the spindle lock (I think that's what it's called. It is the little slot between the nut and bolt that has a thin, loose piece of metal) was slightly welded to the spindle nut. I think when the guy took the axle off to fix the bearing, instead of releasing the lock by pushing it up he pushed it down and it kind of broke off in there and got itself welded. I tried to chisel it out but it didn't work. My uncle suggested that I try to cut off the entire nut and washer. I let him do it and that didn't work. We even tried to torch it off of the spindle and nope, that didn't work either. I don't know of any other way to remove the CV from the spindle. I am headed to buying another spindle and a new CV Axle. If anyone has an idea to get these two seperated and save some money I am ALL ears!!!

Back