Brake Pads Questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EG6/JCE10

Just finished a B16 swap into my VX earlier this week. I'm very happy with the power, but I would like to have better braking. I have used Hawk pads before on street and auto-x (different car though), and they are pretty good. However, when I go on the Hawk website, it says it doesn't have my VX application... So what options do I have for pads?

Check out AEM if they have any.

If all else fails, check if you can do a brake conversion and get Si Discs front and back, lots of pads available for the Si.

AEM brake pads are not to the same perfromance as Hawk's or Cobalt frictions. I would really consider doing a brake swap from an integra if you want better breaks. I :wub: my cobalt friction pads on my integra brakes.

Ya AEM pads are < Axxis Metalmasters IMO, and even they are not *that* great. Does the VX actually have smaller brakes than a normal civic DX or CX or do they just not list your specific model on the application list?

I think the VX have the same size caliper as the CX and DX. I'm not sure about the Si though. I went the AEM site and it listed "Honda Civic 1988-96 H.B. 1.5/1.6L CX/DX/Si/VX (w/o ABS)" shares the same part number.

I might just wait a bit and do a Integra brake conversion instead.

si and cx front rotors are not the same size. i think their application listing might be wrong.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 8 2004, 07:27 PM
si and cx front rotors are not the same size. i think their application listing might be wrong.
[post=428505]Quoted post[/post]​

Maybe the pads are the same size :p

But the DX/CX are the same as the VX, what is it 9.5 disc or something.

yeah, i think those are 9.5 and si's are 10.2 or something like that. its possible it could use the same size pad... just seems akward

Back