1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brake Pads

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by halcyon985, Jun 19, 2003.

1. halcyon985

halcyon985 Senior Member

Looking to see what everyone else has used for brake pads. The only "performance" pads I have tried are the AEM ones, and they worked quite nicely. I noticed very little fade, and they got good life. A bit pricey if i remember, but hey, it was worth it. I need to get new ones now that the summer is here (if it stops raining), I'm running standard brakes now, and the fade is a real bitch. Basically they are mush after about 5 minutes of hard driving. They were also free though, and I was flat broke at the time, so they have served their purpose.

So question is this, what have you used, how were they for stopping power, fade, price, anything else. Just hoping to comparison shop a little before I plunk down some more dough, thanks!

2. Gen2Teg

Gen2Teg Senior Member

yeah I got AEM for my rear brake pads and they work good. I don't know about anything else though.

3. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

Hawk HP+ --- im running these now... the braking is incredible... there is NO fade (i do track days with the car and repeatedly slow from 120 - 60 for about 30 min at a time)... i have a few track days and autoXs on them along with quite a bit of "spirited" driving and they barely have any wear on them.... tirerack.com has good prices on them

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

4. lsvtec

lsvtec GNU/Linux Evangelist

Hawk HPS, I love them. Unfortunately the down side to stepping up to Wilwood calipers is the sharp increase in pad cost.

5. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

Hawk HPS. They stop beautifully, without fade, no noise, no brake dust.

6. deth101

deth101 Senior Member

I also am happy with my Hawks,but I do have them on stock size slotted rotors,did both at the same time and am very happy but I couldnt how much of the effect is one or the other but my brakes rock :D

7. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

oh yeah the one semi down side to the Hawk HP+ pads is they do throw quite a bit of dust

8. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

i've used Hawk HP+ on my wilwoods and loved them, i've just started using ferodo pads, and love those now too.. either one is a good bet, the hawks are a lil cheaper so i would go with them.

9. halcyon985

halcyon985 Senior Member

Any differences between the Hawk HPS and HP+? Or are they the same pad. They seem like they must be a good product if that many people are using them. How do they compare pricewise with AEM?

10. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted