Brake Pads

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

95tegls

I need to get new brakes and was going to get some Brembo replacement rotors and was wondering if I should put new lines in or not. I also need advice of which brake pads to get. This is my daily driver and the rotors don't have much time left in them. Thanks for the opinions.

if you're just daily driving the car there is really no need to replace the lines. get the brembo blanks or some $20 autozone rotors (what i use now). for pads get hawk hps.

I have Brembo blanks and HPS pads up front. They are great for daily driving and can also yank my tiny hatchback to a stop pretty damn good too.

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Feb 19 2004, 05:57 PM
I have Brembo blanks and HPS pads up front. They are great for daily driving and can also yank my tiny hatchback to a stop pretty damn good too.

yeah, until you lock your tires :fuckyou:

I got crossed + slotted rotors all the way around with some AEM brake pads as my current brake setup on my lude. Seems to work fine with me despite all the negative feed back about crossed-drilled rotors. Car stops on a dime now thanks to my brake setup. :shrug2:

:thumbsup: to my crossed-drilled rotors.

I just put on the Hawk HPS in the last month. I used new blanks and rebuilt the rear drum setup.

I'm amazed. Soft brake feel with great grip. I did 115 and started in on the brakes. Felt great. Hawks, blanks, nuf said. :worthy:

Originally posted by Supahatch03@Feb 20 2004, 01:32 AM
I got crossed + slotted rotors all the way around with some AEM brake pads as my current brake setup on my lude. Seems to work fine with me despite all the negative feed back about crossed-drilled rotors. Car stops on a dime now thanks to my brake setup. :shrug2:

im guessing you are only using this for normal / agressive street driving

for street yeah you are probly fine

put that setup on a track and it will be shit by the end of the day

I use napa blanks and SBS carbon-cermaic pads. the pads have very little warm up (one stop sign) and NEVER fade while I am open-tracking.

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Feb 20 2004, 03:55 AM-->
Supahatch03
@Feb 20 2004, 01:32 AM
I got crossed + slotted rotors all the way around with some AEM brake pads as my current brake setup on my lude. Seems to work fine with me despite all the negative feed back about crossed-drilled rotors. Car stops on a dime now thanks to my brake setup.  :shrug2: 

im guessing you are only using this for normal / agressive street driving

for street yeah you are probly fine

put that setup on a track and it will be shit by the end of the day

:withstupid: pretty much just for show, newer designed brake pads dont let off hardly any gases so there is no need to vent / slot and it wont cool them faster or stop better,but with a solid design you have more mass and more swept area so you will absorb and disapate heat faster = better braking

i talked to the guys at Brembo on this one, and drilled rotors are for banging around town, and the weekend warrior.

sloted only are for track sluts

and drilled/slotted are a waste of time

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@Feb 24 2004, 09:01 PM
i talked to the guys at Brembo on this one, and drilled rotors are for banging around town, and the weekend warrior.

sloted only are for track sluts

and drilled/slotted are a waste of time

There has been 3409853049583x43 posts about how blanks are better.

If you go on there site, they actually say that the blanks are better for track

On top of all that, track sluts dont use them for 2 reasons, they are for old technology and do not work better then blanks, and on top of that, a lot of road racers will go through a set of rotors ever other time at the track. 30 a set >>>> 150 a set.

:werd:

everyone i see at the road courses are using blanks... from autozone, they are $20 each. almost everyone is running hawk blues, so the rotors last only as long as the pads. on top of that, the slots in the rotors eat away at the pad quicker. there is no reason to use them.

allright, all im saying is thats what the guys at BREMBO told me.

Back