1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brake Pads

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by Nopspawn, Jul 3, 2005.

1. Nopspawn

Nopspawn Senior Member

My brake pads are starting to wear down, and I'm looking to get some new ones soon. I just don't know which are really good. I have a 98 Integra, and it's pretty much a daily driver and occasinally a weekend warrior. I hear that Hawks are pretty good. Would the HPS Street fullfill my needs, or should I get the HP Plus? Thanks for your time guys.

2. wanderinman

wanderinman Senior Member

I've heard great things about both. I run the HPS Street on my 96 LS with brembo blanks and I am well beyond happy with it. No brake fade under street conditions, very stable and even braking coming out of the triple digits. I'm sure for autocross the HP+ would be a better pad, but I've yet to put the HPS past their capabilities just driving around on backroads.

3. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

for street use get the HPS
    the HP+ can be a little annoying
    they are VERY grabby
    they are VERY noisy
    they are VERY dusty

i run the HP+ im willing to deal with those issues to have incredible braking power... most people would be pissed off / annoyed by it

4. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

other things to consider the HP+ brake better at a little higher temps. On cold stops, the braking isn't completely up there. But once they heat up, they grab nice.

There are alot of good pads to consider. Hawks are great. I am a big fan of Cobalt Frictions. For a good street pad, I use there GT sports. They are a Solo2/light HPDE pad. Solo2 pads are designed to have a High coeffeinct of friction so they still grab well at lower temps.

As e said, if your looking for better braking, you may have to deal with issues like sqeeky brake pads and alot of dust. IMO, I can deal with dust and sqeeky pads for better braking.

5. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

I love my HPS pads. I've run them on my old Honda and my new Subie (which has seen quite a bit of track time).

6. adnoh

adnoh Senior Member

My vote for a street pad is the EBC greenstuff pads. Both the Hawk HP, and the EBC redstuff pads take a while to warm up, which could be dangerous on the street, so rule those out.

Either the Hawk HPS or the EBC Greenstuff will do well on stock Honda rotors.

7. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

i run the HP+ on the street and have no problems what so ever when they are cold
    they have great grip when cold
    yes they do get better as they get hotter
    but NO the HP+ do not need to be warmed up before they offer effective stopping power

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted