Brake prices

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xj0hnx

I wanna be sedated
VIP
www.tirerack.com

95Prelude Vtec rotors and pads...

Qty. Size and Description Availability Price Each Item Total
2 Brembo Replacement Rotor Front fitment
In Stock $64.00 $128.00
2 Brembo Replacement Rotor Rear fitment
In Stock $47.00 $94.00
2 Hawk HPS Street brake pads Rear fitment
In Stock $55.00 $110.00
2 Hawk HPS Street brake pads Front fitment
In Stock $68.00 $136.00

Shipping Options from South Bend, Indiana (Select One)

PARCEL POST**4TH CLASS GROUND* $73.98
PARCEL POST**1ST CLASS AIRMAIL $101.25

HOT DAMN!!!! A little more than I thought it was going to be from there, but shipping is $107

Anyone know anywhere that has this for less? Maybe it's because I use Prelude Vtec replacements, but jeez, blanks, and pads $500+?

And when they say per axle set, is that four pads for the front, or two pads for the front?

get autozone rotors, $20 each. use stock pads for the rear, get the hawks for up front.

<----Is in Germany, doesn't have Autozone :(

Maybe I'll look local, but the way things like that are priced here, who knows.

Per axle should be for a full set of pads on two wheels. You usually don't see people sell pads one wheel at a time- you want to replace in pairs, right?

Originally posted by Calesta@Apr 26 2004, 06:41 PM
Per axle should be for a full set of pads on two wheels. You usually don't see people sell pads one wheel at a time- you want to replace in pairs, right?

I'd think the same of rotors too, but they are individual sales.

Error

----------------------------------
There has been a problem with our system.
Please click "Submit" to retry.

I looked on Autozone.com, but I seemed to come to a dead end when I was trying to view my cart.

lol.. i dunno... choose your car, pick the generic 'brake rotor front' there should be 2 choices asking for 'more information' choose vtec, then you should be able to see it... was working for me, you suck at the internet! :p

Hahha, yes, I do :)

I am going shopping tomorrow, but rotors are pricey around here, maybe I'll score.

189 euro for the replacement rotors here :( about 200ish USD. FUCK THAT!!!!

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Apr 26 2004, 10:46 AM
I use Prelude Vtec replacements

don't mean to get OT, but which calipers / spindles / wheels did you use for that? any wheel spacers?

South Bend, Indiana

wooo thats about an hour west of me.

Ok enough of the threadjacking and time wasting...um...

Calesta showed me a place for some brakes...although rather expensive seem to be pretty decent, i'm not too sure if they have what you're looking for but it's worth a shot right?

fastbrakes.com

You should find a tire guy you trust out there that will buy you your supplies, and get stuff through him. I got powerslots for the front on my 91 integra for 80 apiece and a good set of carbon pads for like 50. Yeah, pads usually are sold in front and rear sets, I've never seen them for sale individually, cause you almost always have to replace the left and right side at the same time if your brakes are working right. Discs are not usually sold in pairs because they don't usually need to be replaced, just turned on a lathe. Anyway, I couldn't see the rotors costing that much, but prelude parts ARE more expensive than civic or integra parts.

Originally posted by jwn7+Apr 29 2004, 08:03 AM-->
@Apr 26 2004, 10:46 AM
I use Prelude Vtec replacements

don't mean to get OT, but which calipers / spindles / wheels did you use for that? any wheel spacers?

I am using the rear complete hubs, front complete knuckles with calipers from a 99 Aerodeck VTi, and 3mm spacers so that the four lug ITR rims don't hit the calipers.

John, you might just want to check out prices at honda if you dont have a parts store around you. Honda here charges like 80 for a set.

Or, if your rotors have excepetible clearance, just get them turned. Machine shops will only charge like 10 a rotor.

Back