1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

brake problem?

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by honcrx91si, Apr 18, 2004.

1. honcrx91si

honcrx91si Junior Member

Alright this may be hard to understand or maybe for me to explain...ok i have a 91 crx si, it has rear disc brakes and i think that the e brake cable is sticking and making them stay somewhat engaged, not fully but alittle. so i took the wheel off and i spun the rotar and it rubbing against the brake pad, the rotar doesn't spin freely, but i don't know if it is suppost to or not. so what i am asking is, is the brake pads suppost to be touching the rotar at all while the e-brake is off or it is suppost to spin freely without the pad touching at all. I just lowered my car too i don't think that would have anything to do with it but i don'tknow. and when i am driving sometimes is pulls really hard to the right and sometimes it doesn't pull much at all so i dont know what it is. please let me know what u think and if the brake is messed up. THANX
  2. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

Houghton/Livonia Michigan
    your pads will always rub slightly, but not enough to make the wheel not spin. Adjust the ebrake cable tention. Sometimes it is under the car, right behind the ebrake handle, other times (like on dc2's for example) are inside the car, under the center council behind the ebrake handle.
Draft saved Draft deleted