1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brake questions and stuff

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by UDT, May 18, 2004.

1. UDT

UDT Senior Member

Ok i had a broken brake line and noq baught all SS lines. I instaled the one borken one and then test bled it and was unable to yeald any results. I have never really done this befor but would any one like to shed some light on what i should be do and looking for to get my brake up and running again.

Also i need to know how to flush the fluid thats in there now, im switching to valvoline Synpower. Whats the easyest way to get it all out?

Back to my first problem, when the line whent i have since stepped on the pedal some so i think its probably suck even more air into the lines. Baisly the pedal was limp. I also found that the bigervrake fluid resivor was emty down to the small little hole at the bottom but there was oil in that hole though im sure it could have sucked air past it still but look like oils still in that little hole where it starts to funny the oil, the only reason i point that out is because there was oil just not any in the biger part of the bowl just where the bottom hole starts to funnel it to where ever, if it had been suck air in i would think you would see a hallo hole/tube
    IE no oil even sitting there in the line. Reguardless i want brakes back damn it.

I wanted to see if could even bleed it right befor i whent and replaced the other rubber lines that are still good with the rest of the SS lines that came in my kit because i dont want to be doubting that the SS lines i just put on may be leaking. Befor the one line broke i had perfect brakes so i was basicly trying to replace the one line that broke and then bleed the brakes enough to see that it was all being done proper and working ok befor i whent ahead and removed the others that i know are not leaking or borken.

PS. if theres some problem reading this its cause its 4am and ive been up like 24 hours and doin all kinds of shit, im uber tired :sleep:

2. UDT

UDT Senior Member

Still looking for answers.........

3. Bl6CRX

Bl6CRX Senior Member

im not sure im getting it all, but I also have been up far to many hours, if all your lines are working properly you can fill the system with fluid and, pump it up then use the bleeder to make sure each caliper is getting pressure, or, if you can drive your car (im not sure if you got the other stuff fixed) you can brake and see if it pulls to either sidem, if the MC has gone dry, your gonna need to do a bench bleed on it to get all the air out properly,

4. UDT

UDT Senior Member

Now that i go back and read that shit its like DAMN! LOL that shit was hard on the eyes and brain. I was just to damn tired to correct it and im not going to now :D :ph34r:

5. bcman

bcman Senior Member

go ahead and spell check it, man. I honestly have no idea what you said.

6. saturn_boy96

saturn_boy96 88 C1V1C 53D4N DR1V3R

ok, start from the top.

1. make sure your brake resviour is full.
    2. with the car off pump your brake a few times until you feel pressure start to build.
    3. if you have another person handy have them come help. (as far as i know unless you have a one man brake bleeding kit you can't go any farther than this step without help)
    4. when said person is available to help have them apply constant pressure on the brake pedal.
    5. you go out and open the valve.
    6. you check your fluid reseviour. make sure its full.
    7. have your friend pump the brake once, (close the valve before they release pressure and open it after they have applied new pressure, if the valve is opened when the pressure is released the valve will suck air into the system) have them continue pumping while you check the resviour and open and close the valve. continue until the new fulid comes out the valve.
    8. repeat at each brake.

i think that's how you do it, i just learned yesterday, and that's how i did it on my car.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted