brake system volume?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Jun 16 2005, 12:42 AM-->
Likw whoa, I had more than a pint in the bled bottle.
[post=512775]Quoted post[/post]​

I have too, but only on a Civic with a leaky master cylinder.

pissedoffsol
@Jun 16 2005, 08:09 AM
if you're bleeding more than a pint, you're doing something wrong. a quick "Pssspft" and re-tighten is all you need. you don't have to sit there and let it drip out. a table spoon to about 1/4 cup per corner of spent bled fluid is about average i'd say.
[post=512826]Quoted post[/post]​

I was talking about a full system flush- I was watching the color of the fluid change so I knew when all the old stuff was out. It wasn't just a bleed job.

I didn't reuse the shims on the back because the shims that are rivetted to the hawk pads don't jive with the honda shims
so I think I'm going to break off the Hawk shims and put the honda ones on there so that the caliper makes proper contact with the pad

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jun 17 2005, 02:15 PM
Did you use all teh shims?
[post=513464]Quoted post[/post]​

I also vote for the RR, LF, RF, LR method. Honda splits brake fluid into two lines, one to RR & LF, and one to RF and LR. so do one diagonal pair first, then the other.

I did a complete flush on my 90 CRX si.. Used 3 pints, had a little left over. If I were you, and you are manually bleeding them, I would get more than that. If you have the vacuume pump, lucky you. I got one, I love it.. Saved like 2 hours of work, and I was able to bleed the system myself!

Back