Brakes and Tires

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

endlesszeal

i have a 2000 accord 4 door se. the suspension feels really crappy.. like when i get up to about 70mph, the steering wobbles and loud noises coming from the tires.. piece of shit Big O Tires... anyway, i was thinking if i replaced the tires and rotors, it might go away.. So i have a few questions.
Should i go with OEM or Brembo Replacements for the rotors? the OEMs are like $42 and the Brembos are $52.. i just want them to last long, not warp, and squeek.. would the Brembos out last the OEMs? Also, what pads do you guys recommend? again i just dont want them to squeek and have at least OEM braking power..
Last question, what kind of tires should i get? i got the big o tires for the rear and they were like 70 bucks and boy do they suck.. extrememly loud and annoying.. i want something around the 80-100 area per tire.. i just want comfort and low noise..
I would greatly appericate your inputs, advices, and comments. keep in mind that i jsut want comfort and longivity.. i have an integra for "performance," whatever that means..

p.s. if i replace those things and the wobbling doesnt go away, what can it be?

i prefer the brembo rotors, but thats me
for pads i would go with the hawk HPS, they have good stopping power and are not noisy or dusty
if you are looking for a year round daily driver tire i would recomend the Dunlop SP 5000, TireRack.com has them for $70. i had them on my MX3, they were great in all weather conditions... in the dry they cornered well, i could drive as fast as i wanted to in the rain, i could go through more snow than my friends truck, i was literally driving through open fields with about a foot of snow on the ground

great and those tires are damn cheap too compared to the OE ones.. the OEs were like 109 and the SP 5000s are like 68..
Anyway, where is a good place to buy the Hawks Pads? I decided to get the Brembos from TireRack.com for 50 a piece. The local Big O offered them 70 plus 15 to "special order."
What about other tires from Bridgestone, Michelin, and BFgoodrich?? im kinda cluess on tires so i appericate the help guys..

nolimit used to advertise with us. i'd say they are a good shop

Originally posted by endlesszeal@Jan 12 2005, 11:24 PM
as there a good site that does free shipping on hawk pads and brembo? anyone heard of cox import?
[post=444944]Quoted post[/post]​

I've bought from them a few times before- they're pretty good.

Originally posted by endlesszeal@Sep 5 2004, 06:34 PM
I decided to get the Brembos from TireRack.com for 50 a piece. The local Big O offered them 70 plus 15 to "special order."
[post=386460]Quoted post[/post]​

I think that www.importrp.com would have been cheaper for the Brembo Blanks, the prices are for front and rear:

98-02 Accord V6 $35 $40
Accord (4 cyl) $33 $28

Shipping would be extra though. And also you would have to say that you want the Honda-Tech member discount. All my Brembos have come from them. That company is located in WA state.

Back