Brakes losing pressure???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B16MJHatch

Recently ( in the last few months) I have replaced front two rotors, wheel cylinder (passenger side), and all pads...I have bled them accordingly each time..They still do not feel right. a couple of times I have hit the brakes, and its almost like I have no brakes, the pedal goes down, but it doesn't really stop...other times it stop's on a dime! brakes are nothing to mess around with, so I would really like to resolve this issue..It seemed to me like that could have been air in the line, so i bled that passenger side back back again, in case I didn't do it enough last time, and at first they were very firm, then after going down the road, they were "ok"..i stopped ok, but not as firm as they were at first..I looked at some other post, looks like it could maybe be the brake MC???? I dunno, i just don't want to go around with iffy brakes..

When you bleed the brakes you did do all 4 right? If not i would bleed all 4 before you put a MC on it. But if there is no air in the system then it sounds like it could be the MC

Do you have any paint peeling around your master cylinder? Brake fluid eats paint away and if there is some missing on the firewall or anywhere around the master cylinder, its leaking.

Last edited:
I had bleed all of the brakes before, and it still had an issue...this time after I put the wheel cylinder on, I only bleed the one. I was told that as long as the flluid in the mc didn't get to low I wouldn't have to do all of them...but as I said before, I did do it before, and it still had an issue...i'll try bleeding them all just in case before I replace the MC

Back