Brakes On Eg5

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

integracivic94

Just wondering if anyone knows if civics esi (1994) are prone to break failure? it feels like it is only brakeing on the front wheels!!! Also does anyone know of any other stock brake's better than mine from another honda???

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Apr 11 2003, 12:38 PM
GSR brakes, and check your brake cable tension

Why do people act like GSR brakes are any different than any other Integra brakes? Any iIntegra brakes, or 99-2000 Civic Si, or Civic EX brakes are the same. THere's no cable that will give you any better braking. If your e-brake cable was adjusted too tightly then it would prematurely wear out your rear brakes, but the may just need replacing. All the rear setups are the same for Civics and Itegra's. If it has drums they are all the same, and all the rear Disks are hte same, some are ABS, and the Type R stuff is an exception, but generally tey are the same. Check out your rear brakes, they only do a small portion of you braking in the first place, but could need new pads, or you may have a bad wheel cylinder or caliper.

I have had my si (eg) for 6 years now and i have never had brake problems. Of course there were occasional brake pad and rotor replacement.

honda brakes are good but if you dont take care of them, calipers can seize up. If your alright with cars, take off wheels, unblot the calipers (you dont have to completely remove them, and you dont have to remove them from the line, just so that you can inspect them.) Check to see were the dust boost are, if that little guide, can move freely (should be a little tight, but it should be easy enough that you dont need to use tons of force.) When you are ready to put everything back together, clean off the bolts bolts with a steel brush then put antiseize on them.

Sorry, didn't mean to make it sound like I was hyping GSR brakes. The point is to put the highest quality OEM you can find, and then go with nicer pads either go with bigger rotors (blank). After that just go balls out and get a full aftermarket big brake kit if your still not happy.

Back