brakes on the sol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tylonalsnifnfool

OK so I was attempting to install the brembo rotors and EBC pads on the sol today when I notice somthing isn't quite right. The rotor fits fine but the pads are way to big. Or are they? I compared Them to a stock 94 ex civic and the rotors on the sol are way smaller. The caliper and braket on the sol are also smaller than the EX. The EBC pads I got also match the EX pads. I am not sure what i'm going to do but when B sees this and lets me know wtf he did (i'm assuming he put the front brakes of that DX hatch on the sol) I'll have to decide if I want to upgrade or keep the smaller brakes.

i have no idea man. i bought that stuff in like 2001. i couldn't tell you what it is.... i bought it for the sol, but its very possible they sent me the wrong shit and i never knew it...

all the DX shit from my hatch went in the trash. those are the orig front del sol si brake parts.

EX brakes are GSR/VTEC sol, ect size. The brakes for the s/si sol are much smaller. And the real big curse is no one makes a GREAT pad for the sol, so the best option is to convert to integra brakes, then you can run cobalt frictions.

Ok so its not as bad as I thought then, at least they are stock sized. So do they suck? I havn't drove the car in like 4 months so I can't remember.

for everyday driving, they are fine as long as you have decent pads (hawk makes pads for them) but if your thinking about track days, its not really the best option at all. They will intially stop you fine, however, bigger brakes allow you to brake at the same rate with apply less brakes. This means instead of applying 100% of your braking force and producing a shit load of heat, you can apply maybe 80% and produce less heat and delay brake fade to later in the day.

Back