Brakes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

KyleCrews

I just started having some problems with my brakes. When i push the pedal when i'm driving it slowly goes all the way to the floor. It doesn't do this all the time, sometimes it works perfectly fine. I've already bled the brakes. I ran over two cans of brakes fluid through there so i know theres no air anywhere it the lines. My front brakes are almost worn down but i don't think that that could have anything to do with it. My next guess would be the master cylinder but i would hate to have to replace that if it was something cheaper. My car is a '94 Prelude and has abs if that helps. Thanks

no one has any ideas. Come on guys, i really need to get this fixed. I hate driving the car around and not knowing if my brakes are gonna work right or not.

probly the master or slave cyl
could be the booster (very doubtful)

also take a look at the lines make sure everything is tight and there are no cracks, holes, dry rot, etc

Originally posted by Calesta@Jun 19 2003, 02:32 AM
Brake booster go bye bye.

really?? i havent heard of it happening that much..... figured it wasnt very common

welp if it is the booster and you decide to fix it yourself
have fun with the pin that attatches it to the brake pedal :lol:
i swapped the booster in my car when i did my brake swap
that pin was a fucking whore

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Jun 19 2003, 01:34 AM-->
@Jun 19 2003, 02:32 AM
Brake booster go bye bye.

really?? i havent heard of it happening that much..... figured it wasnt very common

Go read your service manual for the brake booster test. You'll see that what he did is one of the "tests"... and considering that he said line bleeding was successful, that's the only thing left.

fades in and out. Five minutes later i could have perfectly working brakes. Called around yesterday to find a new booster and this dumb ass at auto zone said she could get it in like two hours so i ended up ordering it and the one she gave me was for an mercury tracer. Had my dad pick it up and he didn't check it there so now he's in the process of taking it back. Four days to order a booster. THis blows.

Back