Brakes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SLA

I have a 1995 civic dx and I am wondering if I can move my front rotors and calipers to the back (which are now drum) when I install an AEM big brakes for the front? Is this even possible? :unsure: Will it work? Please help!

I don't think it will, but that is just my guess. I believe you have to find another car in a junkyard that has rearbreaks already, like an acura or something and then they should bolt on...but I forget I was going to do this myself, but its been so long sence I looked into it, anyone wanna help me out here?

a you would not be able to have an E brake,
b, the fronts are pretty massive for the backs.
C. This is in the wrong forum :moved not by me:

This is true! Is there a conversion kit out there that will allow me to do this or am I stock with these stupied drum brakes! :eek:

My buddy did it to his car, he took the whole rear suspension from an acura integra and put in on his hatch. When i mean whole thing i mean the entire control arm, brakes and frame section that is bolted to the chassis. Thats the only way u can do it too, cuz the parking brake is mechanical and u have to have the disc brake system that is built to work with the parking brake line from the factory.

yeah man- don't try to move the fronts to the back. look into a rear-dics conversion.

if you have an EG-chassis, the del sol si/vtec, EG civic si, and DC2 gsr are the easiest to score and hook up

This is all you need,

eg6_brake.jpg

whatever this is...

and frame section that is bolted to the chassis.

I don't know.

Back