brakes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

INJEN78

HS LEGEND
ok so im gonna be getting new brakes for my del sol si..its going to need them soon,and ive never rlly bought brakes for my cars before..so im looking for ideas.
1.get normal rotors and pads from advanced/autozone
2.upgrade to something better

now if i upgrade,should i get drilled,slotted,or drilled and slotted??
i already know what pads im getting so im not worried about that..just mainly what type of rotors

regular blank rotors are fine... if you want to upgrade get brembo blanks... no slots or drilling (they actually hurt performance more than they help... reduced friction surface and such.... dont feel like getting into it right now)

hawk HPS pads

done.

yea, blanks and upgraded pads are the way to go on a street car. drilled/slotted/dimpled rotors only help with braking when heat dissipation is a factor (like on the track). also, if you decide to get slotted, get the dimpled rotors. much more reliable than drilled.

oem rotors with performance pads, new master cylinder if your has a lot of km on it, and some stainless steel flexible brake hoses

im not doing a complete brake job,just some pads and rotors lol..
im looking to make this car reliable and safe..
d16z6 with intake,spoon header,and apexi exhuast should do me some good right now..
i just want a nice looking car that will be a good daily so i can move up in life

brembo doesnt make rotors for my car on that site..

brakes are gonna be put on hold..someone sliced my damn tire..so now i have to go spend $80 to get a new one mounted and banced..
and thats because he doesnt have used

i just want a nice looking car that will be a good daily so i can move up in life

you should look into getting your license and car insurance too:p

I had to say it. Anyways, I too have Brembo blanks with HPS pads. I love the setup. The rotors seem like they are rusting a little more than I'd like though. My M3 friend of mine who races frequently swears by Axxis Ultimate ceramics. He claims they grab better, wear less, and have less dust than the HPS's. Might be worth a look.

brakes are gonna be put on hold..someone sliced my damn tire..so now i have to go spend $80 to get a new one mounted and banced..
and thats because he doesnt have used

why does it need a new tire? It's not like you can drive it anyway.

you should look into getting your license and car insurance too:p

I had to say it. Anyways, I too have Brembo blanks with HPS pads. I love the setup. The rotors seem like they are rusting a little more than I'd like though. My M3 friend of mine who races frequently swears by Axxis Ultimate ceramics. He claims they grab better, wear less, and have less dust than the HPS's. Might be worth a look.

Brembo over OEM? How do you figure? Is it a cost thing, or does Brembo make a better rotor?

I'd take OEM over Brembo Blanks if they were the same price (I havn't looked what OEM costs, but I'm assuming it's more). So yes, it's mainly a cost issue. Both are solidly made, basic rotors. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Brembo is one of our suppliers...

Back