Brakes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eibeachbum

Ok just change ok my driver side caliper and tried to bleed it but nothing would come out I'll admit the break fluid in it looks bad but should still come out. What would be the easiest way to get off the screws that hold the rotor in someone managed to strip them.

What would be the easiest way to get off the screws that hold the rotor in someone managed to strip them.

ive pulled some stripped to fuck rotor screws with this method

use a torch and heat the rotor screw till its just barely turning redish ***DO NOT GET IT GLOWING HOT!!!***

now, depending on how stripped it is first you can try a screwdriver
usually it will come right out (providing you can get some bite on it with the screwdriver)

if you cant get any bite on it you can try an impact driver (or even better use heat + impact driver)
47641.jpg

impact_driver_lg.jpeg

*** use a real hammer... something like a 3lb mini sledge of you have one for hitting the driver... that little ass hammer isnt going to put enough stank on it... you're not building furniture, hit that mother fucker

if that doesnt work you can try an easy out (or heat + easy out)

if that doesnt work just drill the fucker... first just drill the head off... when the rotor comes off see if you can remove the rest of the screw with some pliers or vice grips... if not then you can try heat + pliers/vice grips, or heat + easy out... or just drill it the rest of the way down

Last edited:
wondering if I really need to replace it or not had a wheel come flying off hit the rotor on concert not really bent in just on the top going to try driving it as soon as I get caliper fix, put it in backwards way to use to my gms

Back