brand name muffler! make a different??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

corysub

ive have 94 civic h22 swap with a custom exhaust just done with no muffler! its 2.50 in Does it really make different if i buy just an 80-90 bucks mufflers or go with the good stuff? i need some help !!!

the MAIN difference between good performance mufflers and bad ones is sound. the good ones have better sound (low and mellow tone). cheap ones usually sound like a bumble bee..or worse.

performance-wise there are small differences between them all but no more than 2-3whp. the best performing ones are skunk2 & HKS (based on a comparison test that i saw in a mag).

also, wrong forum. :moved:

i have a name brand and it sounds like ass

I have a magnaflow, and it sounds like fucking pure ass. Nice tone until 2800 rpms then its all raspy and shit.

It made a mild performance difference from my old muffler that sounded like a can of bumble bees but the sound isn't much better.

i put a big ass truck turbo muffler on my car an its sounds bitchin and theres very little back pressure cuz its 3in in and 3 in out

Originally posted by thegreat1310@Nov 9 2003, 01:45 PM
i put a big ass truck turbo muffler on my car an its sounds bitchin and theres very little back pressure cuz its 3in in and 3 in out

i have greddy catback exhaust and it sounds bitchin. B) deep and not to loud or annoing(sp?)

Is all piping the same as long as it's 2.5 in., whether it is apex, skunk2 or jo schmo muffler shop?

The Skunk2 Megapower muffler sound very good, however it is loud. GReddy EVO mufflers sound great, deep and throaty, I have one. I you are looking for subtle styling and a quiet note, I think A'PEXi World Sport would be your best bet. Good luck, they're all good. :D

i love my apexi world sport. its quiet sounding untill vtec. I think my intake is louder in vtec than the muffler is tho . . . :blink:

Back