1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brand new to imports!

Discussion in 'Integra' started by jlw, Sep 20, 2006.

1. jlw

jlw New Member

Hello,

I recently purchased my 1st import. It's a 94 Integra RS. I'm looking to do an engine swap and was told a 240sx Turbo would fit just fine and give the most bang for my buck... Been trying to do some research but have not found much.. Would this work?.. Also In your opinion what would be the best swap HP wise?...

Thanks all
    James

2. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

ummm.. no. .

the best thing to do powerwise is a turbo on the motor you have now..

3. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

haha, you got hosed if someone told you to put in a 240sx turbo. why do i say that???

1)240sx is rwd
    2)240sx doesn't come turbo

anyways, leave the motor. it's a good starting point. depending on budget, you could get a vtec head out of a gsr or b16. if you have about $2,000, just get a turbo kit for it and a good tune.

4. jlw

jlw New Member

Yeah... I knew 240 was RWD but did not know it wasn't turbo... I was looking to spend about 1500-2K... So a GSR head and a Turbo would be the best bet?... The car/motor has 145K mi on it....

Thanks for the help/heads up... I built my first mustang at 15 (17 now) and imports are a whole new world to me!! Thanks for any help and suggestions!

5. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

you dont need the GSR head.. its just more of a build.. LS/vtack yo

6. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

it depends, do you want turbo or all motor daily driver stuff. i say spend that 1500-2000 and get a mild turbo kit. you can tune a gentle 200hp out of the stock b18b. that's what i would do. you will have a blast with it.

7. jlw

jlw New Member

I do need it to be a daily driver but would like to see at least 200 hp... My last mustang I just sold was a 67 coupe (somewhat heavy) with a 302 putting out 370 hp... Fun car but I really love the looks of imports... So I guess I would like at least 200hp.. THanks for all the help!!

8. SlushboxTeggy

SlushboxTeggy It's only stupid if it doesn't work VIP

I wish I at 17 knew enough to get a 94 Integra. Now at 20 I'm still stuck with this 97 OBD2 slushbox.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted