Brass Knuckles?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92stoccord

Big Member
Anyone own them? They seem to be about the most effective weapon I'm allowed to carry on campus, and with a number of robberies, muggings and just bullshit beatings, I'd like to have something. Mace would probably end up hurting me because I'm asthmatic, and it would honestly probably put me in the hospital. There are a few sites I see them for 10-20 bucks. I know not to get the belt buckles, but any suggestions?

What they said.

At that rate, just carry a roll of quarters or something similar, but that's assuming you're in a situation where the offender doesn't have a weapon. Either way, god forbid a law abiding citizen defended him/herself in any way besides tickling your opponent to the ground until the cops came. If you don't already, just carry your student ID and w/e else you really need so if you were unlucky enough to get robbed, it wouldn't be devastating.

brass knuckles are illegal

carry a pocket knife

look into a pepper spray that uses a stream instead of a fog spray pattern

hell a length of para cord and a pad lock will fuck someone up pretty well

there are a lot of improvised weapons available... if you can make it something you might legitimately be carrying anyway it will be that much easier to explain it if you happen to be found with it

get creative

a friend of mine got jumped by 2 dudes when he was walking out of a bar pulled out his pocket knife to protect himself, it immidiatly got knocked out of his hand and it was broken up shortly after. he still got charged with assault with a deadly weapon. you never know what will happen weather what your carrying is legal or not

i was just reading about this yesterday, its bullshit that you cant carry a firearm on a college campus if you are a cwp holder. In florida you are allowed to carry mace, pepper spray, or a stun gun, but you must have a CWP to do so.

I've got 2 pair....used to carry them all the time, no issues

just don't be stupid
-like if you're driving, get pulled over, and they're in your pocket dont:
1. leave them there
2. put them in your glovebox/under your seat
3. try to swallow them

I used to casually stuff them under the center console where the ebrake is...no sudden movements

I recommend the spyderco warrior. The serrations on the top of the blade are for beheading people. Sounds painfull.

CFB25PSBK.jpg

ive seen brass knuckles used as a gear shift knob. pretty badass looking. as far as using em to defend yourself....yeah they are illegal just like everyone else said.

a friend of mine got jumped by 2 dudes when he was walking out of a bar pulled out his pocket knife to protect himself, it immidiatly got knocked out of his hand and it was broken up shortly after. he still got charged with assault with a deadly weapon. you never know what will happen weather what your carrying is legal or not

"Sentry" style knives would have worked good in that situation(they have the finger holes like brass knuckles).

TS-KBLKSENTRY_540.jpg

if your looking for something to use in your fist..alot of kids here will fight with bic lighters..just put it in your hand right across the bottom knuckles and make a normal fist..it makes your fist really tight and wont give under impact..same idea as the brass knuckles but not illegal

Never carry a weapon into a fight that you aren't willing to eat.

That being said, You can get a "self defense pen". They are ink pens, so they are legal (not a pen knife, mind you)

Schrade tactical: Kind of a gray area, legally speaking..
schradepengreyopen.jpg

Not designed to stab, but to "jab" or to assist with joint locks and "pain compliance". But if it comes down to it, you can pull the cap off and do some major damage.

Zebra F-701: legal everywhere, even on aircraft. $7 Not as tough as the actual tactical pens, but there is no gray area with this one.
8a7ef83bcbfcf675cc3ee0d0ade4d0d344.jpg

"Monkey Fist" Keychain..
A 1" steel ball bearing on a 9 1/2" paracord. You could do very real damage with this.
1blkmfsm.jpg

Back