Brass Knuckles?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I've got 2 pair....used to carry them all the time, no issues

just don't be stupid
-like if you're driving, get pulled over, and they're in your pocket dont:
1. leave them there
2. put them in your glovebox/under your seat
3. try to swallow them

I used to casually stuff them under the center console where the ebrake is...no sudden movements

I lolled^

The reason I suggested Brass knuckles is in the school paper yesterday, they gave a list of weapons that can/can't be brought on campus. I'll post the list:

BB gun → Banned
Pocket knife → Allowed
Switch knife → Banned
Butcher knife → Banned
Meat cleaver → Banned
Mace → Allowed
Pepper spray → Allowed
Tasers → Banned
Brass knuckles → Allowed
Nunchucks → Banned

I'm a small guy. I'm about 5'7 or so, 115 lbs. Not very strong. So in review,

Pocket knife- slow to open, though I usually walk with mine open, it could very easily get knocked out of my hand, or pulled out and used against me

Mace/Pepper spray- again, my asthma is pretty bad, and I'm not sure an inhaler would be able to bring me out of this. So to mace someone and have them be affected, me fall on the ground gasping for air, then an accomplice or that person gets up and kicks the shit outta me/shoots me/stabs me.

Brass knuckles- Small, can be kept in my car so I don't get busted at work for them (though I wish I could carry a weapon there.), pretty well fixed, doesn't get in my lungs and make me a fish out of water.

This was my logic.

self-defense-with-keys.jpg

A pocket knife is pretty fast to open if you just practice. IMO fixed blade knifes are a better bet for defense or even these(not sure if legal):
safekeeperII02.jpg

Taking some sort of self defense class would of course be the best.

Last edited:
brass knuckles might not be banned on campus but are considered an illegal weapon.

i think it all depends on the state
and those weapons might be considered allowed because they are not specifically mentioned in the campus rules

i would say taser would be the best but i just saw it on your list
the sentry knives i believe are still considered illegal because they act as brass knuckles

self-defense-with-keys.jpg

A pocket knife is pretty fast to open if you just practice. IMO fixed blade knifes are a better bet for defense or even these(not sure if legal):
safekeeperII02.jpg

Taking some sort of self defense class would of course be the best.

Fixed blade is illegal.

i also think anything can be considered assault with a deadly weapon
in my town a middle school girl rocked another girl in the face with a q ball in a sock
she was charged with assault with deadly weapon

You should look at the Other Weapons Thread in NWS. Most of us listed our ghetto weapon substitutes :)

My old man used to carry a roll of nickles in his pocket so I know that works. Plus it looks like you hit the jackpot if you have to rock someone in the face. Which impresses the girls.

I carry a Zebra metal bodied pen like Phyre mentioned, not that model but that is the reason I carry it. I also use a Surfire E2D which has a strike bezel fore and aft.

I was going to suggest that but if chance of weapon being knocked out of your hand is a concern, then I'd think something else would be better.

Did you not take my suggestion seriously? Who doesn't need a flash light? Who doesn't need pepper spray? Who doesn't need the weapon to look like something it's not? The cobra stun light is what you want and can actually use without all the stupid legal bullshit. Shit, your girl or something could use it without teaching her.

i went back and watched the video and that thing is pretty awesome
you might look retarded carrying around a GIANT black flashlight during the day, but it'll save your ass

will take out your assailant for a minimum of 20-30 minutes
more than enough time to seriously fuck them up with the flashlight after you spray them

The goddamn thing costs TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY DOLLARS. I could get robbed every day for a month and not lose that much money.

i went back and watched the video and that thing is pretty awesome
you might look retarded carrying around a GIANT black flashlight during the day, but it'll save your ass

will take out your assailant for a minimum of 20-30 minutes
more than enough time to seriously fuck them up with the flashlight after you spray them
Yeah, i'm buying i couple to keep in each of my vehicles. It'll come in handy either way :)

The goddamn thing costs TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY DOLLARS. I could get robbed every day for a month and not lose that much money.

Yes but what if your assailant is trying to Rob your precious anal (assumed lol) virginity...hmmm?...isn't that worth more than $250?

Yes but what if your assailant is trying to Rob your precious anal (assumed lol) virginity...hmmm?...isn't that worth more than $250?
Drop trou and squeeze out a cleveland steamer.

Brass knuckles WILL get you in trouble even if you are the one being attacked.

I'd say a roll of quarters aka "dirty Jersey". Most of the stuff mention here can be deadly. Be careful. Travel in groups and all that fun stuff. Sometimes it's easier to give up your stuff than try to fight back. A kid at Rowan got killed doing exactly that.

Back