Break In Period

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Viperlocc_B18C1

tell me how should i break in my new pistons (b18c1 block with CTR pistions) and my fully rebuilt head and seals and whatnot. how should i treat it? i was told for the first half hour drive in between 10mph and 20mph and then after that take it to 30mph and below...going up and down. then after the first 500 miles change the oil..then at 1000 miles..then 1500miles and then 3000.....does that sound correct?

ppl on honda-tech are telling me that i should let it run until normal temp, then let cool, and do it again, drive around after normal temp and after like 100miles put in 4th and run to redline....

i was told by a mechanic to stay away from redline for the first 500 to 1000 miles and take it super easy on the engine..

Don't drive it hard and don't go near the redline for about 500 to 1000 miles. As for changing your oil after 500 miles, it couldn't hurt.

use standard NON synthetic oil then synthetic after the break in period, and it should be 1000miles with a gradual break in.

Milan

Back