Break in period

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Drock42

My car is almost ready to roll but I'm not sure how long I should "baby" it to get it nice and broken in. What's a good point to go with? And this goes for the new clutch as well. Thanks

i beat mine from day one, not frequently but id take it easy for the most part for a cuople weeks but beat on her ocassionally its alright and i dont think youll be able to resist. h22 swap i assume?

I would think 1000 miles of break in time would be good if you rebuilt the engine...give the rings some time to set. You could abuse it from day 1. but you might have problems later...(no not always, but you might have the one engine that doesn't like it)

2000 miles if you want to do it all the way is what i've heard, and what i will be doign. 500 for the clutch, i have a clutchmasters. But call your manufacturer of the clutch, they will let you know what they recommend.

You should wait until you car hits 1,500 miles on it before you can beat on it. Durning this break in period do not allow you car to reach past 4k rpm.

Do not use synthetic oil for these first 1,500 miles and change the oil after 1,500 miles before you beat on it.

Back