Break My Windows

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Around here the 90-93 Accords are well loved by the Hispanic community. Most of the Accords are hardcore oil burners now and there aren't a lot left.

I prey, that they become extinct , or beer cans

90-93 is my fav body style Accord... leave the outside alone and drop an H22 in it

I wasn't trying to be rude, I was just more wondering why he didn't like regular BMWs...
It's not that I don't like the regular ones... lol

I just like the M's alot. Wasnt trying to neg on his ride or anything...

And dilback mountain, I'm sure you're SHO gets WAAAY better gas mileage than my JDM F22. lol jackass

Ok, I'm back.

I was moving (AGAIN. I've moved 3 times in 1 month) and just got my internet back.

After my run-ins with new Audis and Volkswagens (Or any water cooled VW / Porsche) backed with my experience that "... To beat a BMW, just go 111 mph" the BMW wasn't really my first choice (As my other thread went over)

But Wil convinced me otherwise.

I know the M is a significantly different car, but I was never impressed with B's, and I don't think that all the changes that BMW made to the 3 were worth the result, or the cost, of an M.

That said, I chose this particular one because I was actually looking for an 05 or so Civic SI. The loan I got had to be no older than 2004, so I went shopping.

And I got this for $6k out the door. A Civic EX was in the $8k range. That's a no brainer - Next thing I had to find a BMW that was cared for as a BMW should be cared for.

So I was looking for a 330CI, but all of the examples were sold by habib 24 hour car sales shacks, and I want nothing to do with a complex car that hasn't been maintained properly. Found this one at Fairfield AUDI (If you're not familiar with Fairfield AUDI, look them up. Bob Penske has an office at this dealer when he's in town. It's a SERIOUS car dealer, with a multi million dollar garage that would blow your mind) They went over the whole car with me, and the prestige of the dealer alone was enough to sell me on the idea that I wasn't getting a lemon (very high-end clientele).

They treated me right, I love the car and still love the car.

Also, I average 30mpg, and 40mpg on the highway at 70. 70 mph isn't much of a sustained speed for most of you guys, but it's pretty fast for the NE. I can sometimes hang out at 100 or so in NYS, where I'm getting 28 mpg.

With a 16 gallon tank, that's 480ish miles per tank. With a 132 mile one-way commute, this car, for me, totally kicks ass.

For HP differences, I'll never push the limits of this thing unless I'm on the track. So 200 hp is the same as 600 hp (again, for my purposes). It has a "sport suspension" option and a 5 speed. It's my "M".

And Wil is correct, if you don't look at the back of the trunk, you have no idea if you're in a 325 or a 330. Same engines, the 2.5 is just de-stroked compared to the 330. And lacks the multi-stage intake system.

Finally, a little poke in the eye of the Honda: VANOS makes VTEC look stupid.

Welcome back, your post makes me want a bimmer.

From all of my mental masturbation about maintaining a BMW, the key is to think like a highly paid, specialized mechanic.

Then you find out why BMW maintenance is so expensive. They do a thorough job. Even cleaning and replacing bolts. When a bolt comes out, the threads are cleaned, inspected, cataloged and put back in with precision. If it needs an oil change now, it needs an oil change now. Not when you think it does, but when it actually does. and if you use BMW parts (Which aren't cheap) then the maintenance schedule is accurate.

I bought the car with 119k on the clock. The 220k inspection said "Replace accessory belts". So I looked at the belt. Looked good. Checked again at 120k miles, it had a crack in it. If you use the BMW stuff, they know exactly how it will perform.

Next is this $120 oil change and air filter change thing. And with the miles that I drive, this is going to be a frequent expense.

I'm liking the new ride, are you planning on leaving it stock?

I would "Like to" look into swapping a 6 speed transmission in (I hang out at high speeds) and getting some nicer wheels. 17" wheels now, would like 18" in a deep dish, black/chrome lip combo (German baller style, yo!), a painted carbon fiber hood and trunk lid (My trunk lid took quite a beating from the previous licence plate frame) and I've always wanted to ... I dunno if I should say this...

try an electric supercharger.

Hey, all the fuss on the net, all the insults and comments, but has anyone actually tried it?

going to run it in hartford? i know its a drive but... i bet its slow hehe

The drive-by-wire or whatever is mushy, the shifting is a bit harsh and the motor mounts may need addressed. Hard shifts really feel like the engine is about to jump into my lap. I drive it as smoothly as possible until I get completely familiar with it, build the GT1 diagnostic computer, and assemble some BMW tools and knowledge.

The best I can describe driving it: I feel like I'm asking it for permission whenever I do something. I don't know enough about the systems to make an evaluation yet.

All I can really say is that I feel MUCH better arriving at clients and potential clients, wearing my best suit, and getting out of a BMW instead of a 1984 Subaru wagon with 8 accessory lights, a smiley face on the hood and a side exit exhaust that spits flames. And now that I'm VP I really kinda need that.

Next is this $120 oil change and air filter change thing. And with the miles that I drive, this is going to be a frequent expense.

Look into the castrol edge titanium it has 15k mile change intervals. I use it on 2012 civic and 2007 nissan xterra.

The civic just got the change but the xterra has been on it at the 10k mark.....now it has 140k and no oil consumption or power loss.

Also look into the K&N drop in filter, also use them with NO problems and a 2 MPG increase.

The drive-by-wire or whatever is mushy, the shifting is a bit harsh and the motor mounts may need addressed. Hard shifts really feel like the engine is about to jump into my lap. I drive it as smoothly as possible until I get completely familiar with it, build the GT1 diagnostic computer, and assemble some BMW tools and knowledge.

The best I can describe driving it: I feel like I'm asking it for permission whenever I do something. I don't know enough about the systems to make an evaluation yet.

there are 5 of these things that run with CART, it may be worth the trip steve to see what is going on and how they keep them running and daily driven.

Frankly, and I know that Autocross is everything that a stock car is meant to do, but breaking this thing scares the shit out of me.

Lemme get some more money in the account, and I'll look into it. Honestly, I got bored of autocross. What I want is back on 2 wheels.

we've got way faster lots now :)

i dont worry about breaking anything, not with free roadside and 50 miles of towing :lol:

Its Celerity, he's not meant to be understood.

BMW = Break My Windows

The title was gonna be that or "Black Man's Wish" but these things could be pretty long-term.

Agreed

Back