breaking news--- airmarshall fires weapon on plane!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

it was on the ground. Not in the air.

I hope he killed a terrorist.

... or a politician.

Or a celebrity

So, he flew the entire route, was getting off, and THEN claimed to have a bomb?? Thats very odd.

The real news:

Air marshall accidentally discharges his weapon, blowing a passenger's head off. Makes cheesy bomb excuse. The federal employee is being drug tested.

Quoted post[/post]]
So, he flew the entire route, was getting off, and THEN claimed to have a bomb?? Thats very odd.

The real news:

Air marshall accidentally discharges his weapon, blowing a passenger's head off. Makes cheesy bomb excuse. The federal employee is being drug tested.

Coming from Columbia... would not suprise me.

hahahahahahahaha.. dumbass.. the price of coffee just went up. :confused:

Quoted post[/post]]

The real news:

Air marshall accidentally discharges his weapon, blowing a passenger's head off. Makes cheesy popcorn when he gets home. The federal employee is in Hawaii on paid vacation for shooting a columbian.
:p

"Local NBC affiliate WTVJ said two air marshals were onboard the flight and confronted the suspect after hearing him talk about a bomb."

So...

They confront him, because he didn't come outright and threaten the entire plane, because he was talking about a bomb? Alright, understandable. How do you go from threatening someone thats talking about a bomb but does not display it or announce it to the entire plane, to shooting them?

theres been no proof/article stating he was shot--- jsut that shots were fired

Quoted post[/post]]
"Local NBC affiliate WTVJ said two air marshals were onboard the flight and confronted the suspect after hearing him talk about a bomb."

So...

They confront him, because he didn't come outright and threaten the entire plane, because he was talking about a bomb? Alright, understandable. How do you go from threatening someone thats talking about a bomb but does not display it or announce it to the entire plane, to shooting them?

Ask a British underground cop, They'll gun you down for listening to Talvin Singh on your ipod.

Not all bombers intend to blow up in the sky. You can take out far more people on the ground.

Federal air marshals shot and killed a man on a boarding bridge at Miami International Airport after he said he had a bomb, two sources familiar with the incident told CNN.

Quoted post[/post]]

So...

An air marshal told the passenger to stop, and he did not, the official said, adding that the marshal fired after the passenger reached into his carry-on bag.

threatening action
when told to freeze (or dont move, or whatever the hell else the cop, marshal, agent, etc yells as he is pointing his gun at you) you dont reach for your ID, you dont get your pasport out of your bag, you dont pick up your cell phone, you dont do shit, you stand still and hold your hands in clear view in a non threatening manor untill given further instructions

when a cop/ marshal/ agent/ etc... has you at gunpoint it is your responsibility to make the person with the gun as comfortable as possible... or else you're probly going to get shot

Call me the left wing tree huggin liberal here, but... We hear that our progess on securing the country from terrorists is negligible and then THIS happens.

divertor.jpg

"Divertor, we need you!"

LOL

Quoted post[/post]]
Ask a British underground cop, They'll gun you down for listening to Talvin Singh on your ipod.

Not all bombers intend to blow up in the sky. You can take out far more people on the ground.

...but the way it was worded, sounds as if they overheard him talking about a bomb. Certainly it didn't say that he announced he had a bomb on the plane to its occupants.

Quoted post[/post]]
Call me the left wing tree huggin liberal here, but... We hear that our progess on securing the country from terrorists is negligible and then THIS happens.

divertor.jpg

"Divertor, we need you!"

LOL

and I think this just goes to show the leaps and bounds we've taken that if something were to happen we have systems in place now and a much better understanding.

There's no way to stop terrorism entirely, but certainly the security measures that have been imposed have not hindered and could have only helped stopping terrorism.

So, yes, I'll dub you the pessimistic tree hugger that doesn't view the world realistically.

Quoted post[/post]]

divertor.jpg

"Divertor, we need you!"

LOL
:shrug2: maybe maybe not
time will tell on that one
knowing that armed air marshals have shot someone makes me happy though
i have said since before 9/11
if you want to make planes safe you have to put guns on the planes, and train the people on the plane how to defend the plane

searching people is not the way to keep planes safe
people will always find a way to get shit onto planes... always
you can spend 3 billion dollars on dogs and machines and personel, and people will STILL get shit past them
you will keep some items off the plane... but people will simply learn new and exciting ways of using items that are allowed on the plane... or find ways to make illegal items look like average harmless items so they can slip them past that way

i did security for a few years... ive seen the shit that i have managed to find on people... and ive seen the shit that people have still managed to get past security with

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

...but the way it was worded, sounds as if they overheard him talking about a bomb. Certainly it didn't say that he announced he had a bomb on the plane to its occupants.

Quoted post[/post]]

divertor.jpg

"Divertor, we need you!"

LOL

and I think this just goes to show the leaps and bounds we've taken that if something were to happen we have systems in place now and a much better understanding.

There's no way to stop terrorism entirely, but certainly the security measures that have been imposed have not hindered and could have only helped stopping terrorism.

So, yes, I'll dub you the pessimistic tree hugger that doesn't view the world realistically.

Oh I view the world quite realistically, and those leaps and bounds are more like small steps. It was just recently that our counterterrorism efforts were described as sub par and the country as a sitting duck. We have a LONG way to go before we reach the security we need to keep a terrorist threat at bay, that, and we need to be able to get that level of security without imposing on other's rights. THAT is the hard part.

Not enough security and the Cons will bitch and moan that the liberals are being soft on terror. Too much security and the Libs will start chanting 1984. Where the middle ground lies, that is a good question.

Quoted post[/post]]
searching people is not the way to keep planes safe
people will always find a way to get shit onto planes... always
you can spend 3 billion dollars on dogs and machines and personel, and people will STILL get shit past them
you will keep some items off the plane... but people will simply learn new and exciting ways of using items that are allowed on the plane... or find ways to make illegal items look like average harmless items so they can slip them past that way

i did security for a few years... ive seen the shit that i have managed to find on people... and ive seen the shit that people have still managed to get past security with

Such as plastic/kevlar knives. Metal detector? Check. Dogs? Check. cost? $5-$10 Availability? All over the internet, or just about any army surplus store or novelty knife shop

UC720-COMB.JPG

Back