breaking news--- airmarshall fires weapon on plane!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Basically he has and always will have an unrealistic outlook on life. He looks at the glass as always half empty and how things could have been different. Hind-sight makes a difference in history afterall, doesn't it?

...nope, I'm pretty sure that history won't be re-written, even if you continously look at situations in hind-sight.

You talk about disregarding human life and laws of society and civilization.

The man disregarded the law, he stepped outside the bounds - the limitations that this country has set forth - and continued on his own path. Not only did he disregard the officer's orders but he continued onto his bag, after talking about a bomb. The first thing that should have come to his mind, unless he had a schizophrenic break and didn't understand reality, was that he should stand still and surely not head towards the perceived threat.

The media is often times inaccurate in their reportings and if they did report this man as bipolar, if he's truly bipolar he still understands reality but cannot control his temperment. Now if he was maniac depressive and in a state of mania and temporary insanity, your point might ring true but most still understand reality even when in a state of mania or depression. Psychology lesson 101.

In order to benefit from the laws of a country, one must follow the laws. If one steps outside of the laws, then they are no longer guarded by certain laws or rights. The officer was simply performing his job as per described.

Sure, in hindsight a lawyer will look back and sue the man and possibly bring forth new scenarios and evidence that the marshal was unaware of, but the fact remains that the officer had a split second to react and he reacted accordingly.

I hope this thread allows many to realize how outlandish your viewpoint and opinion can be.

:werd:

its not that we dont have the compassion for "human life."

its the fact that we actually understand he was breaking the law, and deserves the punishment. now, does that punishment mean death? no, not necessairly, but he probably brought it upon himself.

see, you look at the man as if "what happened if he didnt have a bomb." Like E said, it doesnt matter. Even if you claim to have a bomb, that is a crime. And if you don't react to the enforcement that comes upon you correctly, then you will see what happened in this situation.

Fuck him.

air marshals dont have the luxury of thinking "what if he really doesnt have a bomb" or "is there any way i can stop this guy without killing him"
if they think like that and are wrong, lots of people die

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
air marshals dont have the luxury of thinking "what if he really doesnt have a bomb" or "is there any way i can stop this guy without killing him"
if they think like that and are wrong, lots of people die

Note my point on hindsight.
exactly
dont get too use to this... but on this topic we are in agreement

I'm coming into this one late....

When I'm at work and someone ask me what types of soup we have today, I give them FOUR different soups 4 out of 5 people will go meh.... no thanks, at that point I ask them what kind of soup would you have liked for us to have? they will always answer the same way no no its ok..... we have a wide range of soup but becuase we didnt have the soup on the other side of the fence I get to hear meh... never any good soups....

My point is.

If they didnt shoot the guy and a bomb went off killing 30 people and injuring 100 others. What would you say?

WHY DID THEY DO SHIT!!!! Millions of dollars are spent on airline crap and THIS is what happens!!!!! bush sucks dick why did this happen WHY WHY WHY

WAH FUCKING WAH No matter what the public will NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER be fucking happy

I deal with it every day.

what fucking soup would you fucking like? no matter what 4 out of 5 people wil NEVER be happy EVER.

=)

I feel they did the right thing. It's not hard to become trigger happy when someone threatens your life.

What would you do if you were walking around in public somewhere and some guy came up to you and said Im going to shoot your wife in kids right now, then he reaches in for a gun (that you cant see) if you had a gun in hand would you if you yelled out I HAVE A GUN FREEZE!

A. hold off till you can see if hes telling the truth, or

B. shoot the guy? becuase if A were true your family would be killed before you could do shit about it.

police officers deal with this EVERYDAY. people freak out because they killed someone, welp if you did as E said and froze when told to do so, a lot less people would get killed from dumb shit like today. who knows maybe he didnt have his meds but since he didnt do as he was told he was shot.

in todays world if your dumb enough to mention the wprd bomb on a plane, you know that just the words carry a jail term. So reaching in a bag with a bomb? The killing was just and he got what he deserved

Not sure if anyone knows but it happened not on the plane or airport, it was on the (thing that goes between the two) not sure the name of it. the hall/tunnel or um yeah that thing that attaches to the plane and lets you walk to and from the plane/airport.

wasnt he already on a plane(Equador plane)? and that was the plane he ran out of? Also, he went through a few gates; how did they miss him then? imo, air marshalls still suck if he really did have a bomb: he was still able to get on that orlando plane. the marshalls had to go get him. They didnt shoot him until he approached the marshalls, and wasnt shot once, but atleast twice. This was AFTER he got off the 2nd plane btw; which im guessing meant he was running towards the airport, and not towards the plane.

*Ive read mainly the CNN article; but looking at both of them, theres some discrepency: The MSNBC article says he was reaching for the bag; while the CNN one says he just ran at them after refusing to drop the bag. The truth, i guess we'll never know.

Quoted post[/post]]
Originally posted by Associated Press@ Mark Sherman and Lara Jakes Jordan in Washington

No bomb was found, Bauer said. He said there was no reason to believe there was any connection to terrorists.

I fucking told you people, there was no bomb. An innocent man was shot 4-6 times and killed. A wife lost her husband of 20 years and children lost their father. Good job. We sure gots us uhnudder oneuh dem dere terruhmerists. I hope you all feel so much safer while allowing yourselves to be terrorized. :thumbsdown:

**Note: I didn't read anything since my last post so I'm not replying to anything since that point and I won't reply from this point.

Yes except how was an air marshall supposed to know that at the time. He reacted accordingly to the man's actions.

He saw a perceived threat, took the required steps to minimize that threat, and now you look at the situation in hindsight as per usual.

If he had a bomb, you would be chewing on your foot right now.

***And bullshit that you didn't read the thread. :laugh: :mrgreen:

Blanco...

i'm sorry, but i agree with everyone else too.

Sure, he might be mental, a dad, and not a threat, but the air marshall did what he thought was best to save the most people.

"How much is one man's life worth"
-saw

"all I know is that each day i think to my self that everyone who died today did so so that it would save maybe 10 or 15 people."
- saving private ryan

Quoted post[/post]]
Blanco...

i'm sorry, but i agree with everyone else too.

Sure, he might be mental, a dad, and not a threat, but the air marshall did what he thought was best to save the most people.

"How much is one man's life worth"
-saw

"all I know is that each day i think to my self that everyone who died today did so so that it would save maybe 10 or 15 people."
- saving private ryan

:werd:

Yeah, don't make him out to be the model father and a perfectly innocent man. He was a stupid fuck who claimed to have a bomb on a plane. Then he failed to comply with the air marshalls. They blasted his ass for the safety of everyone else. He could have had a bomb.

Hell, for the peace of mind for the american public, do you think they would have told everyone wether he really had a bomb or not? We get filtered reality folks.. Its much better that we think "this man was shot for claiming to have a bomb" than "this man got a bomb passed security, through an airport, and onto one of our planes, our security SUCKS" Then terrorists find out that you CAN sneak bombs onto planes, people stop flying again, terrorists get bolder in their attempts..

Now, I'm not claiming that he really DID have a bomb and we are being lied to, but this could very well be true.

A+ to the air marshal for doing his job and not faultering. A delay or a struggle COULD have cost several people their lives. He did not delay, he did not struggle, he did his job. I'm behind him 100%.

Quoted post[/post]]
Originally posted by Associated Press@ Mark Sherman and Lara Jakes Jordan in Washington

No bomb was found, Bauer said. He said there was no reason to believe there was any connection to terrorists.

I fucking told you people, there was no bomb. An innocent man was shot 4-6 times and killed. A wife lost her husband of 20 years and children lost their father. Good job. We sure gots us uhnudder oneuh dem dere terruhmerists. I hope you all feel so much safer while allowing yourselves to be terrorized. :thumbsdown:

**Note: I didn't read anything since my last post so I'm not replying to anything since that point and I won't reply from this point.

no bomb was found.... so fucking what
where do you get this "innocent man" shit from?????
HE CLAIMED TO HAVE A BOMB!!!!!! you dont seem to understand that
read it again he claimed to have a bomb.... and he was delt with accordingly
and no one else was injured

its not like they just picked him at random and shot him
he brought this uppon himself

shit you said yourself he was suffering from bipolar disorder... maybe he was having a depressive eppisode and decided to commit "suicide by cop"... happens all the fucking time (if you dont know what that is go google it)

i dont know how you can completly blind yourself to the fact that he is the reason he is dead

the fact that he didnt have a bomb does not change the fact that HE CLAIMED TO HAVE A BOMB and was dealt with accordingly

the air marshal did his job perfectly for the situation that he was handed... that guy had at least 3 chances to stop this without getting killed... he didnt.... fuck him

i understand that you are anti-government / anti-government group, at all costs.... but your arguement is just rediculous on this one

thats why i say "hey man nice shot".

shoot him in the knee run up and subdue him next to a potential BOMB?! are you crazy?

news flash blanco... terrorists are real. im sure the people in the planes that crashed into the wtc towers were thinking everything will be fine when they land. we cant just sit around and wait... wait and see if he does have a bomb, wait and see if things are going to be better... in this day and age we cant afford to wait.

Quoted post[/post]]
Everyone knows how much of a liberal I am, but in this instance I do believe that the marshall did the right thing. In many ways it was the only thing he could have done. If the person DID have a bomb and the marshall simply chased him, the bodycount would be substantially higher.

The loss of life is definitely bad but I would have probably done the exact same thing if I were that marshall.

Rules of flying... take your meds, don't say the word bomb and DO NOT say bomb and do something crazy like bolting out of the plane!

:blink: we agree?:blink: guess theres a first time for everthing :thumbsup:

Quoted post[/post]]
in todays world if your dumb enough to mention the wprd bomb on a plane, you know that just the words carry a jail term. So reaching in a bag with a bomb? The killing was just and he got what he deserved

Darwinism at its finest

Quoted post[/post]]
An innocent man was shot 4-6 times and killed.

Correction, a man guilty of terrorism (screaming bomb on a plane "terrorizes" people) and resitance of arrest (not heeding the commands of the air marshall) was shot and killed.

Quoted post[/post]]
I hope you all feel so much safer while allowing yourselves to be terrorized.

By shooting the terrorist, we have prevented ourselves from being terrorized.

Quoted post[/post]]
A+ to the air marshal for doing his job and not faultering. A delay or a struggle COULD have cost several people their lives. He did not delay, he did not struggle, he did his job. I'm behind him 100%.

The BOTTOM LINE here is that the crazy guy on the plane was a terrorist. He terrorized people and got killed. Wether he MEANT to do it or not isnt the issue.

The air marshall did the right thing and has my respect.

I feel bad that somebody had to die, and its a shame this guy woke up, forgot his meds and died because of it.

I am GLAD that the air marshall system is working properly. Sombody violated security and got taken down. I now feel safer about being on an airplane knowing that the "red tape" has been cut and that terrorists can be shot at a moments notice.

This is a great day for America. We have sent a mesage to the terrorists that says, "bring it on fuckers . . . we are not gonna take any more of your shit".

Back