breaking news - bin laden dead

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Doube tap to the face from SEAL Team 6 killed Bin Laden (MSNBC reports)
MSNBC said:
From Ghazi Air Base in Pakistan, the modified MH-60 helicopters made their way to the garrison suburb of Abbottabad, about 30 miles from the center of Islamabad. Aboard were Navy SEALs, flown across the border from Afghanistan, along with tactical signals, intelligence collectors, and navigators using highly classified hyperspectral imagers.
After bursts of fire over 40 minutes, 22 people were killed or captured. One of the dead was Osama bin Laden, done in by a double tap — boom, boom — to the left side of his face. His body was aboard the choppers that made the trip back. One had experienced mechanical failure and was destroyed by U.S. forces, military and White House officials tell NationalJournal.
Were it not for this high-value target, it might have been a routine mission for the specially trained and highly mythologized SEAL Team Six, officially called the Naval Special Warfare Development Group, but known even to the locals at their home base Dam Neck in Virginia as just DevGru.

Last edited:
Yeah I heard this is why the government is debating on whether to release the photos or not. Apparently you can see his brains.

I'm with a lot of people in this thread. Yeah, its good and it sends a message.

But a few things irk me right away. For one, it really doesn't change any of the warfare going on in the mid east the slightest bit and doesn't bring any of our brave soldiers back any sooner. Al Quieda was fairly disjointed and separated before this strike and most likely Osama wasn't even holding a command position.

Second, this seems way too much like a political ploy to drum up support for Obama and his shitty administration so close to re-election. A week ago gas prices were soaring towards $5+/gallon, debt is astronomical and Obamas ratings were in the shitter. Next thing you know "ZOMG Obama killed Osama!!!!EMERiC4 FuCK yeAR!!!!".
It's all over the media and its all everyone can talk about, Republicans or democrats.

The last part is that we supposedly knew his whereabouts since November 2010 and he was kept in a secure compound just a few blocks away from what amounts to the Pakistani West Point. Keeping him on ice for the right moment much?

I'm no tinfoil-hat-wearing conspiracy theorist, but there is something we are not being told or something bigger is going on that this is being used to cover up .

Second, this seems way too much like a political ploy to drum up support for Obama and his shitty administration so close to re-election. A week ago gas prices were soaring towards $5+/gallon, debt is astronomical and Obamas ratings were in the shitter. Next thing you know "ZOMG Obama killed Osama!!!!EMERiC4 FuCK yeAR!!!!".

Everything the 0bama regime does is politically motivated. This is no exception, and its being done to help his re-election campaign.

Oh believe me I'm not doubting it. My father and I used to joke during the last months of the Bush administration that he would all of a sudden "find" and kill Osama.

Think of it from a military perspective, Osama is dead, Obama takes the credit, and now what happens to everyone on Al-Qaeda soil over seas? Retaliation. I don't give a rat's ass right now if he really is dead or not, and won't for a while, I think everyone should be more worried about what could happen to the troops that are overseas, as well as any "extremist" imbeded into our society over here. Everybody is so worried about seeing a picture, and/or proof, when they can't take a step back and see the big picture, and what this situation, true or not, MIGHT actually cause.

Honestly, I don't think they'd go after troops, but rather civilians/contract workers. They always go for easy targets. I'd hold back on going on any overseas vacation right now.

I bet he has been dead for a long time, or that he is not in fact dead but in custody. There is a ton more to the story that we don't know about.
With all the technology we have and knowledge we have have they could have found him years ago.

If he was dead a week ago, we would've just been put on Force Con Bravo yesterday at 1300, just sayin...

Obama-I-Got-This.jpg

The main thing is that we dont know how long osama has been dead for. He may have been dead for quite sometime, and the govt just waited for an opportune time to say so.

Also, the Taliban/Alqueda would never admit that 0sama was dead even if they knew. He is their poster patsy for recruitment.

Holy crap that was funny.

The Daily Show just ripped him apart too.

Edit: And had a great guest.

Last edited:
Back