Breathe Right strips

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

which ones are these???
the ones for night time to help stop snoring??

i tried them before... found them to be uncomfortable and distracting... couldnt sleep with it on :(

I use mine to help prevent snoring and it seems like I am getting a little more rest at night. Not sure if it really cuts down on the snoring or not but the girlfriend thinks so.

I should try those again, its gets annoying when the gf keeps waking me up when I snore.

Guys if you are using them for as a way to stop snoring please read:

I used to use these for my snoring issue. It was so bad at points that my wife would wake up and go into our spare bedroom just to get some rest. Finally after some pretty heated arguements I decided that I would try the strips. They helped minimally at best so I decided to visit my doctor because getting a divorce was my other option according to my wife.

Flash forward to last May. After my doctor listened to my symptoms and had me fill out a simple questionaire he decided that I may have sleep apnea - which can be DEADLY. It killed Reggie White about a decade ago. I went and had a sleep study done and they figured out my snoring was caused by this sleep apnea condition. I was actually ceasing to breath over 100 times an hour while sleeping. Not enough to wake me from a full sleep but enough to make me not him REM sleep - ever. My pulse ox level was so low the doctor said that I could not replicate it by holding my breath- I would pass out first - not good. I was prescribed a CPAP machine which uses slight pressure to keep my soft pallate from collapsing and relieve snoring. THIS MACHINE IS ALMOST BETTER THAN SEX. I am getting the best night sleep I have had in forever. I am more energetic. I have lost 25 pounds basically doing nothing more than I had in the past. The best part is my wife and I have not had a fight or slept in seperate beds since I got the machine. If you are snoring please mention it to your doctor it may be the best thing that ever happened to you.

Cliffs notes:
Used to use the strips
They didn't work
Went to doctor about snoring
Found out I potentially deadly condition
Got a CPAP machine
Lost 25 pounds and quit snoring.

i am well aware of sleep apnea, and I know i need to lose some weight as well. But the strips do help a little.

Oh I know, I should snag my old mans CPAP machine. He doesnt like the Darth Vader feeling of it.

I used them for the 1st time about 10 years ago when I used to play Ice Hockey. They were great for 3rd periods/overtime.

fuck cpap machines..i tried it one time and it is so damn uncomfortable...
do you guys like air being forced into your nose?!?

If it helps me sleep better and I am not so damn tired all the time then whatever.

What do you mean you tried it one time? Was it set up for you? Each person requires a different setting? What type of mask did you have? Half mask? Whole mask? nasal pillow? It sounds like you had way to high of a pressure for your need on top of the fact that it does take a little getting used to. When I have mine on I can barely feel the pressure.

edit***** I am actually signed up for a trial of an auto pressure machine which is kinda cool it is constantly varying the pressure depending on need. Sweet.

Last edited:
I tried the strips just for the hell of it and i wont sleep without them, i would wake up in the middle of the night because my mouth would be drier than the sahara from breathing through it all night.

Back