Brembo brakes from ebay, need advice!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DravenVX

Hey guys i found some brembo brake rotors, cross drilled and slotted and i just want your opinion of whether or not this is a good deal. Oh and i talked to the guy and he said that they can use gold zinc plating for rust prevention and corrosion for an extra $15 bucsk! I will be getting stainless steel brake lines, hawk brake pads and i have no idea what kinda calipers yet but i am open to suggestions. Bottom line is i want a very good street brake setup that can also be used on the track once in a while! Any input or advice would be helpful. Tell me what u guys think. :)

Peter

PS. Here is the link to the ebay site...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

RUN AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

do not under any cercumstances buy those

they are fucking garbage
brembo doesnt even make cross drilled AND slotted rotors (they make one or the other)
those are brembo blanks that were bought by a machine shop that drilled and slotted them themselves
they will not stop you as well as they should
they WILL crack and fail on you under hard braking

go onto http://www.tirerack.com and get brembo blanks (they offer more stopping power than cross drilled or slotted rotors)
get your hawk pads from there
hell you can get the lines and fluid from there too

whatever you do DO NOT buy those off ebay

:werd: Stay away from that deal. I almost fell victim to that junk about a year ago, thank god I didnt.

Quoted post[/post]]
:werd: Stay away from that deal. I almost fell victim to that junk about a year ago, thank god I didnt.

:eek: Holy crap i honestly had no idea, i was so close to buying those suckers. I sincerely thank you E_SolSi and jdmeg6 for responding as quick as you did to my post! thanks so much and i will check out the site you provided for me! You guys saved me a lot of headaches!

Okay i checked out the site and they have a list of products by brembo and were you talking about just gettting the replacement rotors or just the slotted or crossdrilled ones. I need a system that can withstand a lot of heat and punishment on the street without fading too much. thanks in advance

get the blanks (replacement rotors)

i drive very agressively on the street as well as autocross and track my car and this is the setup i run:
Brembo blank rotors
Hawk HP+ pads
Goodridge lines
ATE super blue fluid

this setup has stood up to 2 and a half years of abuse so far
i have neve had these fade on me
and thats with long drives at high speeds on very twisty roads, track sessions where i am slowing from 120 mph to 60 or so repeatedly for 30 min slamming on the brakes to slow from 150 to 70ish, 60-0 stops after an autoX run, several runs over RT17 in VT :mrgreen: ... basicly im about as hard on my brakes as can be

cross drilled rotors are pointless unless the rotors you are running are fucking HUGE
the drilling does not aid in cooling at all... but it does reduce the friction surface... and that reduces braking ability
the only thing cross drilling is good for is looking "cool" and reducing weight

slotting on the other hand does do SOMETHING... it shaves the pads to reduce the effects of glazeing and ensure a consistant pad surface... glazing was a problem years ago when pads only came in shitty materials and compositions... today you can get GOOD pads that do not glaze even under very hard driving thus making slots virtually worthless

and the thing about pads "gasing out" also doesnt happen any more... this was a problem when people were running shitty organic pads

the big thing that is far too often overlooked is fluid... your fluid should be changed at least every 2 years... and im talking a full system flush
brake fluid over time absorbs water (that is why they have dry boil temps and wet boil temps)
the more water that the fluid absorbs the lower the boil temp gets
if the fluid starts to boil you now have air pockets in your brake line
this is what will cause a spongy pedal or a total lack of brakes while driving hard

Prolly gonna go with some Brembo blanks this summer if I do a GSR brake swap. From what I've heard, they are good sh*t.

There is a guy on Honda-Tech selling brembo blanks for really cheap. Do a search there in the for sale forum. I think its like $60 a set + SH!

Back