Brembo, motherfucker!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

send em back and get some OE replacement brembo blanks. i have a pair in teh front with hawk hp pads, tons better over stock.

I got these because they look teh cool. When I get a motor in the hatch, and start getting back into 'performance driving' or whatever the fuck you wanna call it, I'm slapping Brembo blanks on. Until then, with the 70hp 1.5 beast, the teh cool drilled & slotteds will be fine.

Brembo 0wnZ :)

gallery_29820_124_33296.jpg

Coming spring time

Originally posted by TWISTEDIMAGE@Feb 8 2005, 10:04 PM
glad to here it just be happy for him because he has some tight shit dont come at him like those are small

kool
:D
[post=458353]Quoted post[/post]​

FWIW.... my front rotors and calipers are bigger than 00 Si rotors and calipers.... B)

Originally posted by civicious@Feb 9 2005, 03:31 PM
I got these because they look teh cool. When I get a motor in the hatch, and start getting back into 'performance driving' or whatever the fuck you wanna call it, I'm slapping Brembo blanks on. Until then, with the 70hp 1.5 beast, the teh cool drilled & slotteds will be fine.
[post=458689]Quoted post[/post]​

it's true that you don't need cross-drilled and slotted rotors for the street. the purpose of cross-drilling is to dissipate heat. the purpose of slotting is to "shave" off a very small amount of the brake pad surface so that fresh pad is always being used to brake. if you're running on a circuit, you need cross-drilled and slotted rotors to be really competitive, so why would you want to put blanks on when you get back to 'performance driving' ? and also, you're not losing any surface area for brake pads to bite as long as your new rotors and pads are reasonably larger than your old brakes and pads.

Originally posted by hondarin+Feb 22 2005, 05:57 PM-->
civicious
@Feb 9 2005, 03:31 PM
[post=458689]Quoted post[/post]​

it's true that you don't need cross-drilled and slotted rotors for the street. the purpose of cross-drilling is to dissipate heat. the purpose of slotting is to "shave" off a very small amount of the brake pad surface so that fresh pad is always being used to brake. if you're running on a circuit, you need cross-drilled and slotted rotors to be really competitive, so why would you want to put blanks on when you get back to 'performance driving' ? and also, you're not losing any surface area for brake pads to bite as long as your new rotors and pads are reasonably larger than your old brakes and pads.
[post=464700]Quoted post[/post]​

Umm no. Both technologies were made for 40 year old pads. Pads of today barely glaze over (if you heat them up properly) and do not gas. Pads of the past used to glaze over and gas so much that the pads would ride on the trapped gas, so holes were used. Go to a real race track and look at what most guys are using. Huge blanks. Not only do they offer better braking, they are also a hell of a lot cheaper.

Dammit, you beat me to it. :)

And yeah, slotted rotors weren't developed to "shave off" the brake pad. The slots were supposed to complement the cross-drilling to help in the dissipation of heat.

And you won't be able to run bigger rotors and pads unless you get some larger-than-stock wheels, and new calipers to house the pads and fit onto the bigger rotors. The best way to combat brake fade is with stainless lines and good brake fluid. End of story.

Originally posted by hondarin@Feb 22 2005, 03:57 PM
[post=464700]Quoted post[/post]​

1. You're an idiot.

2.I know I don't need them for the street. Let me spell it out for you...
I BOUGHT CROSS DRILLED AND SLOTTED ROTORS BECAUSE THEY LOOK COOL. OK? PERIOD! END OF STORY!

3. Refer back to #1

acctually i use cross-drilled rotors for my daily driver and weekend warior, because normal rotors kept warping on me. cross-drilled made a huge improvement on my brake times. essepsially in traffic situations.

Originally posted by civicious@Feb 22 2005, 06:35 PM

2.I know I don't need them for the street. Let me spell it out for you...
I BOUGHT CROSS DRILLED AND SLOTTED ROTORS BECAUSE THEY LOOK COOL. OK? PERIOD! END OF STORY!

[post=464793]Quoted post[/post]​

1. What's your problem? Did I ever say that I didn't like cross-drilled and slotted rotors? Did I ever say that you didn't buy them because you thought they were cool? Did I insult you by replying to your post with one small bit of error? Are you just in a bad mood cuz you aren't getting any? Did your goldfish just die? Did you stub your toe while running outside to rice up your 70hp beast? Why are you getting so angry over this shit? What's the deal?

2. Everybody makes mistakes. My statement about the slotting may not be correct. However, I got that information from some speed channel tuning show, or horsepower tv on on spike. I thought that would be legitimate information source; perhaps it wasn't. Anyway, Fuck Me for not checking my information before I posted.

3. What's with the flaming? I thought this forum was more mature than the other ones? If you want to correct somebody, you shouldn't start with "1. You're an idiot." Unless someone makes a completely outrageous claim, and I don't believe that my claim was completely outrageous.

4. The blanks you see on race cars are NOT your average everyday blanks. They fight heat by being extremely thick and having advanced vent design. Heat in a braking system is lost energy.

5. I have a headache.

here's a link with some facts about cross-drilled and slotted rotors.
http://www.autoaccessorystore.com/home.asp...OVMTC=standard#

Originally posted by hondarin@Feb 23 2005, 07:00 PM
here's a link with some facts about cross-drilled and slotted rotors.
http://www.autoaccessorystore.com/home.asp...OVMTC=standard#
[post=465394]Quoted post[/post]​

I have some reservations about the "facts" in that link.

What is slotted mean and what does it do?
Slotted rotor, has engraved indented lines in the rotor. What it does is when you brake, it grips on to the brake pad much greater. Regular rotor has a smooth surface, when braking it does not allow the pad to grip onto anything resulting in less braking performance. Slotted rotors improve 40% braking distance then a regular OEM rotor. (OEM means Original Equipment Manufactures)

There's a load of misinformation in there. Not only does it contradict common sense (LESS surface on the rotor equates to MORE gripping power?), they don't offer any explanation about how the rotors supposedly "grips on to the brake pad much greater". The least they could do would be to try to offer the outdated "pad offgassing" explanation, but they don't even give that. Also, the 40% improvement number for slotted rotors and the 70% ( :blink: ) improvement number for cross-drilled rotors are so out of proportion it's amazing. You MIGHT see 10% or 20% improvement under extremely harsh conditions, but that's about it.

Also, it's an "FAQ" provided by a vendor attempting to sell slotted/drilled rotors. There are better FAQ's out there offered by non-vested parties.

somehow I am going to disregard any info give by a site that sells these...

So Fast

Edit, also, look at the prices on those rotors. $100? Most people at the track use a set of rotors once or twice, and chances are they go 2 or more times a month. Another reason why everyone uses blanks. Blanks for integra brakes are 18 a peice at autozone.

Also, I love how they say, these rotors are stronger. Stronger then what (they don't compare them to anything) and in addition, they are the exact same thickness as OEM rotors minus where the slots are, so there thermal mass will be lower, resulting in worse braking and weaker rotors. Hell brembo used to have on there site on the OEM replacement cross drilled "Highway use only. Not for racing"

from TireRack.com. this is listed for ever OE replacement crossdrilled or slotted rotor they sell.

IMPORTANT REMINDER: Slotted, drilled or dimpled rotors offered as OEM replacements should not be considered appropriate for high-speed track use.

While grooved, drilled and slotted rotors offer an enhanced appearance and add some resistance to the boundary layer of gasses that can build up between the pad and rotor, they are not designed to withstand the extreme temperatures that are produced on the racetrack. If they are used on the track, it is very important that the rotors be carefully inspected and should not be driven on if even minor signs of deterioration are seen. Note, too, that if these products are used on the track they are not warrantable

Originally posted by asmallsol@Feb 22 2005, 04:02 PM
Umm no. Both technologies were made for 40 year old pads. Pads of today barely glaze over (if you heat them up properly) and do not gas. Pads of the past used to glaze over and gas so much that the pads would ride on the trapped gas, so holes were used. Go to a real race track and look at what most guys are using. Huge blanks. Not only do they offer better braking, they are also a hell of a lot cheaper.
[post=464704]Quoted post[/post]​

TECHNOLOGY FOR FORTY YEAR OLD PADS, EH?

http://importtuner.com/features/0504_it_ns...pg',480,640

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU SAW FORTY YEAR OLD PADS ON A JGTC GT300 CHAMPIONSHIP CAR??!?!?!

http://importtuner.com/features/0504_it_nsx/

THIS NSX WON THE GT300 SERIES THIS YEAR. IT HAD SLOTTED ROTORS.

the NSX owns you.

Originally posted by civicious@Mar 1 2005, 10:44 PM
Get out of my thread, goober.
[post=467990]Quoted post[/post]​

lmao! u def never fail to make me laugh if nothing else will

Back