Brian's EK (Under Construction)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

what motor did you buy??? did you buy a short block or long block?

if you have a vtec longblock.. id buy a b20 bottom end, put all the internal parts in it, put the vtec head on, tap the block (can be done at a shop for like 200 bucks) and turbo that. 2 litres with the flow of a vtec head sounds good to me.

B18C5, long block. (B18 bottom / b16 top)

Can I use the internals from the b18 in the b20 block ?

Someone on another forum informed me that I would have to get all new internals.

I was leaning towards the jdm b18b block bcuz it would be the easiest to do a parts changeover IMHO.

What do you think ?

Last edited:
How about this, I found a motor from one of the advertisers here on HS.com and was wondering what you guys think.

I would be a b18b1 complete swap. I would have all the internals put in and get the Golden Eagle VTEC conversion kit and use the b16 head I have on it.

What do you guys think ?

UPDATE:

Here are a few pics of the block before the shop disassembled it.

Above:
aboveviewbs1.jpg

If you closely enough, you can see that the holes for the studs are f'ed up and are somewhat of an oval shape.

Block Stamp:
b18c5stampcq6.jpg

Head:
headdk1.jpg

Just thought I give you guys/gals some pictures so you can see what's going on. About 2 hours after I took these and got out of class, block was completely disassembled minus the sleeves being removed.

BTW, these were taken today, the camera just has the wrong settings for the date.

Did a search on this but all the results are b16 internals into b18 block. What I want to know, instead of starting a new thread, is if I can put the internals from a b18c5 block (forged internals - pistons, rods, crank, sleeves) into a b18b block ?

thx

Try looking up the specs on the 2 engines: Bore, Stroke, Deck Height, etc.
Compare the 2 to find out what works i.e. if the bore is the same, the pistons will fit.
If the stroke and deck heght are the same, the crank and rods will fit.
Though I'm willing to bet that they'll swap right in.

Try looking up the specs on the 2 engines: Bore, Stroke, Deck Height, etc.
Compare the 2 to find out what works i.e. if the bore is the same, the pistons will fit.
If the stroke and deck heght are the same, the crank and rods will fit.
Though I'm willing to bet that they'll swap right in.

Ok, I appreciate that.

I went and researched it and found this information, correct if I am wrong.

B18C5 - Bore-3.189 Stroke-3.433 Deck HT-8.347

B18B1 - Bore-3.189 Stroke-3.504 Deck HT-8.347

I am don't know much about this so, since the deck height and bore are the same, does this mean that I can reuse the crank and rods ?

There is a god and he must love me. Find a GSR, B18C block in great shape, minus a spun bearing, for a good price. Looks like I will be building up a GSR motor and not a LS.

Now I just have to get all the other parts together for the swap.

Stay tuned.

b16 internals in b18 you will need special pistons

you can put the ITR internals in any B18 but i would keep the itr. its a better design.

b16 internals in b18 you will need special pistons

you can put the ITR internals in any B18 but i would keep the itr. its a better design.

b16, never talked about that before.

I would use the b18c5 block but it is f'ed up. The holes for the head studs were bored out for 1/2 inch studs but they were drill crooked. The shop were I took the block advised against boring the holes out bigger bcuz of the risk of cracking the block. I did some research and have concluded that that is the best option.

Like I said from above I got a jdm gsr shortblock and I am gonna re-use the internals that are reuseable.

GSR block will work fine

It should, since the deck height and bore are the same. Since the pistons are f'ed up, I will have to get new ones, I am just hoping the darton sleeves can be pushed out and reused in this "new" block.

Last edited:
UPDATE:

img0056ea5.jpg

I got a camber for the car. Was at the doorstep when I got back to the house. Gonna put it tomorrow after I get done with class. Should be fun.

Here it is.

img0060js1.jpg

Stay tuned for more pictures tomorrow.

Looks good man, what brand camber kit is that?
I'm shopping around for a front kit... rear camber correction of free- washers. :p

Looks good man, what brand camber kit is that?
I'm shopping around for a front kit... rear camber correction of free- washers. :p

Not really sure what kind it is. Friend of mine out in Cali sent it to me. It is probably some oem kit.

Gonna throw it on tomorrow instead of today cuz some asshole stole my antenna of my car. Patched the hole up with some fiberglass resin.

I'll photochop for you when I get home. I need higher res photos though. Attach the original photos in this thread and I'll take the case.

Here you go. This is also for anyone else who can some photoshop skills. I am looking for a two-tone (top black along line and orange bottom) scheme. But, if you got a good design, post it up.

img0076aa8.jpg

I hate to bring it back up...But why do you plan on keeping the front end the way it is?
If it's what you like, thats fine, but if you like a clean/stockish looking ride, why keep the gaudy front bumber and rice-tastic hood and fenders?

Please don't take it the wrong way, it's just not my style, and I think it makes the car look a bit ricey...

GL on the build though! turbo setups ftw

Back